1/29 – Troop Meeting and COH and Adult Open House @ the Franklin United Methodist Church 7 – 8:30pm
- Adult Open House – Families are requested to stay during the troop meeting to connect with members of the committee who will be stepping down this year after many years of service. We will be providing refreshments and desserts.The troop is looking to create manageable roles for parents to step into. For example, Anna dos Santos manages multiple different components of the troops activities. We can easily break down her various roles so that 2-3 parents are stepping up versus all the responsibility onto 1 parent. These committee members will have a detailed list of the various responsibilities for the roles they fill. Our guess is that these positions may seem more “scary” when we don’t understand the true scope of what is done. Very manageable but want for parents to have a full understanding of what would be expected.Troop 29 is a boy led troop but their success is dependent upon the adult leadership. It is imperative that for the continued success of the troop we have parents look for opportunities which they are able to accept. We will be working to allow for training and coaching over the next 5 months to ensure a comfortable and smooth transition.
- Sign up now for the Feb Ski Trip – Crotched Mountain Overnight Adventure and more details below.
2/2 – Celebrating Scout Sunday at St. Mary’s Church in Franklin
Who: All Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts and Adult Leaders
Where: Meet in the lower church of St. Mary’s
When: Sunday, Feb 2nd at 8:30 a.m. (for the 9:00 mass)
What to wear: Class A uniform, no hat.
We will have adult supervision so even if no leaders are attending from a troop/pack, scouts are encourage to participate.
We are also looking for Readers, Ushers and Altar Servers if any scouts are interested in participating. If you have any questions, contact Bob Collins at email@example.com or call/text 508-594-0736
2/5 – PLC & Committee Meeting @ the Franklin United Methodist Church. 82 West Central St
- PLC (6:30 – 7:30)
- Committee Meeting (7:30 – 8:30) All adults are encouraged to attend the committee meeting.
2/9 – Celebrating Scout Sunday at Franklin Methodist Church – this is our Chartering Organization so we need to have a good turnout.
When: 10:00am Service – scouts should plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to service in Class A uniforms.
Where: Franklin Methodist Church, 82 West Central Street
What to wear: Class A uniform, no hat.
2/12 – Troop Meeting @ the Franklin United Methodist Church 7 – 8:30pm
- Deadline to Sign up for the Feb Troop Ski Outing
2/19 – No Troop Meeting – February Vacation Week
2/26 – Troop Meeting @ the Franklin United Methodist Church 7 – 8:30pm
2/28 – 3/1 – February Troop Outing – Alpine Skiing and Riding at Crotched Mountain, NH.
- Depart from the VFW at 5pm. Scouts can ski when the arrive! After sleeping overnight at the base lodge and a hot breakfast, scouts can ski all day Saturday.
- Return Saturday evening to VFW.
- We need a minimum of 15 people.
- Cost is $79 (this includes 2 sessions of skiing, lodging and hot breakfast). If renting: $15 for helmet and $20 for equipment. Rental price is total for both ski sessions.
- Non-skiing chaperones is $15 for lodging and breakfast.
- When completing the forms please note level of ability and sport:
- Never Ever Skier or Snowboarder – 1st time skiing
- Beginner Skier or Snowboarder- has been a few times
- Intermediate Skier or Snowboarder – rides / lift/links turns
- Sign up deadline is Feb 12th
- All forms and payment due Feb 26th
- Pay via PayPal: PayPal.Me/troop29franklin Please note the event/trip is that you are paying for in the memo field.
- If you want to send directly through your PayPal account/app you can send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please select the “send money to family/friend” option.
- Sign up now
Save the Dates now for the Troop’s Spring Outings. Details are still being discussed and finalized, but please mark your calendars now!
4/3 – 4/5 – April Troop Out – Backpacking
5/15 – 5/17 – May Troop Outing – Biking
6/12 – 6/14 – June Troop Outing – Canoeing/Kayaking
Shot Gun Merit Badge: Saturday March 14th and 28th – Times will be announced later
- Instructor – Randy LaRosa, our troop District Council Rep
- Location – Wrentham Sportsman’s Club 7 Madison St, Plainville, MA 02762
- No age restriction, Randy will have smaller guns available for our younger scouts.
- Read more details and sign up. Also review pre-work.
Merit Badge University: The Mayflower Council will be holding the next Merit Badge University (MBU) on Saturday, March 7 and March 21, 2020 (snow makeup day is March 14, 2020). This yearly event brings together scouts from the entire council to the Southeastern Technical Vocational High School in Easton, MA, from 7:30 am to 1:30 pm, to work on up to 3 merit badges. The troop needs to know which scouts plan on attending, so please sign up via Sign Up Genius as soon as possible. Merit badge selection forms will be distributed to scouts that are signed up as soon as they are received from Council. If you have any questions, please email Anna dos Santos, the Troop’s MBU Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Access all Troop 29 Current Sign Ups list and Information: All Troop Sign Ups
You must be logged in to post a comment.