by sharontaylor |May 19, 2020 · 9:00 pm
Based on guidance from the Mayflower Council: all in-person Scouting activities of any type remain prohibited through May 31.
5/20 Scout Master Conferences –Zoom- Sign up for times on Signup Genius
Scout Master conferences – Please read guidelines and sign up at :
5/20 Board of Review –Zoom- Sign up for times on Signup Genius
Board of reviews- Please read guidelines and sign up at:
Each BOR requires 3 committee members so please use the above sign up to volunteer.
6/12 – 6/14 – June Troop Outing – Canoeing/Kayaking
- Departure will be from the Franklin VFW Hall Friday June 15th. Meeting at 4pm for 4:30pm Departure. Friday late afternoon we will Kayak in tandem Kayaks about 2.5 miles out to Washburn Island. Sunday return to the VFW approximately 11am.
- Saturday we will circumnavigate the island in our kayaks on a guided tour by a local marine biologist. We can expect to learn about the local coastal ecosystem as well as the history of Washburn Island. We will also hike and explore the 330-acre island which contains marshes, sand dunes, and small ponds, and woods. We may also be able to tour the Waquoit Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve.
- All scouts are required to have passed the BSA Swim test within the last 12 months to participate in this activity. Having earned the swimming merit badge is not sufficient, a current passing BSA Swim test result is required. If you did not attend Scout Camp 2019 swim test is being coordinated. Date/Time TBA.
- Cost: $35
- Sign up deadline is May 22nd
- All forms and payment due by June 10th
- Pay via PayPal: PayPal.Me/troop29franklin Please note the event/trip is that you are paying for in the memo field.
- If you want to send directly through your PayPal account/app you can send to email@example.com. Please select the “send money to family/friend” option.
Access all Troop 29 Current Sign Ups list and Information: All Troop Sign Ups
JULY 20-JULY 31 2021
Join tens of thousands of Scouts from around to United States and beyond for a 12 day outdoor adventure. Mayflower Council is accepting registrations for our contingent to the 2021 National Scout Jamboree. We will be taking 5 Troops consisting of 36 Scouts each. Scouts looking for a great adventure should register today as space is limited. You must be at least 12 years of age by the first day of the Jamboree and have not reached 18 years of age by the last day of the Jamboree. There will be so much to do and learn including: • Stadium Shows • Mountain Bikes • Skate Boarding • Zip Lines • Archery • Shooting Sports • Water Sports • Rock Climbing And so many memories that will last a lifetime.
For More Information and to register. Mayflower Council, BSA – 2 Mt. Royal Avenue, Suite 100, Marlborough, MA 01752 – 508.872.6551