by sharontaylor |April 20, 2020 · 8:30 pm
4/22 and 5/6 Scout Master Conferences –Zoom- Sign up for times on Signup Genius
Scout Master conferences – Please read guidelines and sign up at :
4/22 and 5/6 Board of Review –Zoom- Sign up for times on Signup Genius
Board of reviews- Please read guidelines and sign up at:
Each BOR requires 3 committee members so please use the above sign up to volunteer.
5/13 – Troop Meeting @ the Franklin United Methodist Church – Tentative
Save the Dates now for the Troop’s Spring Outings. Details are still being discussed and finalized, but please mark your calendars and sign up now!
5/15 – 5/17 – May Troop Outing –Camping/ Biking – Shawnee Crowell Bourne MA
- Departure will be from the Franklin VFW Hall Friday May 15th. Meeting at 5pm for 5:30pm Departure.
- Saturday we will take bikes on the ferry to Martha’s Vineyard.
- Cost: $20
6/12 – 6/14 – June Troop Outing – Canoeing/Kayaking
- Departure will be from the Franklin VFW Hall Friday June 15th. Meeting at 4pm for 4:30pm Departure. Friday late afternoon we will Kayak in tandem Kayaks about 2.5 miles out to Washburn Island. Sunday return to the VFW approximately 11am.
- Saturday we will circumnavigate the island in our kayaks on a guided tour by a local marine biologist. We can expect to learn about the local coastal ecosystem as well as the history of Washburn Island. We will also hike and explore the 330-acre island which contains marshes, sand dunes, and small ponds, and woods. We may also be able to tour the Waquoit Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve.
- All scouts are required to have passed the BSA Swim test within the last 12 months to participate in this activity. Having earned the swimming merit badge is not sufficient, a current passing BSA Swim test result is required. If you did not attend Scout Camp 2019 swim test is being coordinated. Date/Time TBA.
- Cost: $35
- Sign up deadline is May 22nd
- All forms and payment due by June 10th
- Pay via PayPal: PayPal.Me/troop29franklin Please note the event/trip is that you are paying for in the memo field.
- If you want to send directly through your PayPal account/app you can send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please select the “send money to family/friend” option.
Access all Troop 29 Current Sign Ups list and Information: All Troop Sign Ups