by sharontaylor | March 17, 2020 · 12:15 pm
3/18 – Troop Meeting @ the Franklin United Methodist Church CANCELLED- In light of the coronavirus and keeping with the general rule that if there is no school, then there are no Scout events or meetings, the next meeting is currently scheduled for April 8th. See Jen Parella’s email from March 16th for additional information.
3/25 – Troop Meeting @ the Franklin United Methodist Church – Cancelled
3/28 – Shot Gun Merit Badge- Cancelled
Save the Dates now for the Troop’s Spring Outings. Details are still being discussed and finalized, but please mark your calendars and sign up now!
4/3 – 4/5 – April Troop Outing – Hiking/ COPE Course- Camp Sayre (New England Base Camp) Milton, MA– CANCELLED
5/15 – 5/17 – May Troop Outing –Camping/ Biking – Shawnee Crowell Bourne MA
- Departure will be from the Franklin VFW Hall Friday May 15th. Meeting at 5pm for 5:30pm Departure.
- Saturday we will take bikes on the ferry to Martha’s Vineyard.
- Cost: $20
6/12 – 6/14 – June Troop Outing – Canoeing/Kayaking
- Departure will be from the Franklin VFW Hall Friday June 15th. Meeting at 4pm for 4:30pm Departure. Friday late afternoon we will Kayak in tandem Kayaks about 2.5 miles out to Washburn Island. Sunday return to the VFW approximately 11am.
- Saturday we will circumnavigate the island in our kayaks on a guided tour by a local marine biologist. We can expect to learn about the local coastal ecosystem as well as the history of Washburn Island. We will also hike and explore the 330-acre island which contains marshes, sand dunes, and small ponds, and woods. We may also be able to tour the Waquoit Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve.
- All scouts are required to have passed the BSA Swim test within the last 12 months to participate in this activity. Having earned the swimming merit badge is not sufficient, a current passing BSA Swim test result is required. If you did not attend Scout Camp 2019 swim test is being coordinated. Date/Time TBA.
- Cost: $35
- Sign up deadline is May 22nd
- All forms and payment due by June 10th
- Pay via PayPal: PayPal.Me/troop29franklin Please note the event/trip is that you are paying for in the memo field.
- If you want to send directly through your PayPal account/app you can send to email@example.com. Please select the “send money to family/friend” option.
Access all Troop 29 Current Sign Ups list and Information: All Troop Sign Ups