2/26 – Troop Meeting @ the Franklin United Methodist Church 7 – 8:30pm
- Deadline to sign up for Shot Gun Merit Badge
- All Forms and Payment due for Ski Trip
- Ski and Snow Boarding Presentation
- Key safety and packing recommendations for the ski trip
- Rank Advancement
2/28 – 3/1 – February Troop Outing – Alpine Skiing and Riding at Crotched Mountain, NH.
- Depart from the VFW at 5pm. Scouts can ski when the arrive! After sleeping overnight at the base lodge and a hot breakfast, scouts can ski all day Saturday.
- Return Saturday evening to VFW.
- We need a minimum of 15 people.
- Cost is $79 (this includes 2 sessions of skiing, lodging and hot breakfast). If renting: $15 for helmet and $20 for equipment. Rental price is total for both ski sessions.
- Non-skiing chaperones is $15 for lodging and breakfast.
- When completing the forms please note level of ability and sport:
- Never Ever Skier or Snowboarder – 1st time skiing
- Beginner Skier or Snowboarder- has been a few times
- Intermediate Skier or Snowboarder – rides / lift/links turns
- Sign up deadline is Feb 12th
- All forms and payment due Feb 26th
- Pay via PayPal: PayPal.Me/troop29franklin Please note the event/trip is that you are paying for in the memo field.
- If you want to send directly through your PayPal account/app you can send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please select the “send money to family/friend” option.
- Sign up now
Save the Dates now for the Troop’s Spring Outings. Details are still being discussed and finalized, but please mark your calendars and sign up now!
4/3 – 4/5 – April Troop Out – Backpacking
5/15 – 5/17 – May Troop Outing – Biking
6/12 – 6/14 – June Troop Outing – Canoeing/Kayaking
Shot Gun Merit Badge: Saturday March 14th and 28th – Times will be announced later
- Instructor – Randy LaRosa, our troop District Council Rep
- Location – Wrentham Sportsman’s Club 7 Madison St, Plainville, MA 02762
- No age restriction, Randy will have smaller guns available for our younger scouts.
- Read more details and sign up. Also review pre-work.
Merit Badge University: The Mayflower Council will be holding the next Merit Badge University (MBU) on Saturday, March 7 and March 21, 2020 (snow makeup day is March 14, 2020). This yearly event brings together scouts from the entire council to the Southeastern Technical Vocational High School in Easton, MA, from 7:30 am to 1:30 pm, to work on up to 3 merit badges. The troop needs to know which scouts plan on attending, so please sign up via Sign Up Genius as soon as possible. Merit badge selection forms will be distributed to scouts that are signed up as soon as they are received from Council. If you have any questions, please email Anna dos Santos, the Troop’s MBU Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Access all Troop 29 Current Sign Ups list and Information: All Troop Sign Ups