10/9 – No Troop Meeting
10/11 – 13 – October Troop Outing – Celebrate Camp Resolute’s 100 Birthday
- Due to the continued EEE concerns, Mayflower has made the decision to make this a day only event for Saturday. The Troop will not be camping overnight. No meal planning and preparation is needed as the Troop Leaders will provide supplies for lunch for the day.
- We will carpool with the 2 (or more) adults going. Please plan on meeting at the VFW at 7:45 to depart by 8:00. The address is: 75 Hudson Road, Bolton, MA 01740.
- Please have your Scout wear his Class B Uniform (T-shirt) and possibly a rain jacket. They may want to wear their new Troop sweatshirt under their rain jacket. Temps are expected to be in the 50s and there may be light rain in the morning.
- Tone will be bringing Sandwich meat, cheese and bread for the boys to make sandwiches for lunch.
- The activities will end about 6:30pm.
- Sign up here
Popcorn Show and Sell Sign up
- The Troop will be selling popcorn as its primary fundraiser for the year so full participation is required of all scouts. For the show & sells, there are enough time slots for every scout to work 2 slots. In addition each time slot requires 1 adult to be signed up.
- There are many open spots for the last couple of weekends. All scouts should have done 3 shifts at this point. Scouts can sign up for additional shifts!
- Parents are needed to assist for with each shift.
- Sign up Now!!
10/16 – Troop Meeting @ the Franklin United Methodist Church 7 – 8:30pm
- Troop will re-cap the Sept and Oct Troop Outings
- In Nov, the troop will be doing a hiking trip. Scout will begin to discuss, learn and plan for the trip.
- All Scouts will need (or borrow) a backpack and a 20 degree sleeping bag for this trip. Leaders can provide help for purchasing. If a family is willing to offer up gear for a scout to borrow, please let us know!
- There will be a presentation about how to pack a backpack for a successful hiking trip.
10/23 – Troop Meeting @ the Franklin United Methodist Church 7 – 8:30pm
10/30 – Troop Meeting @ the Franklin United Methodist Church 7 – 8:30pm
11/6 – PLC & Committee Meeting @ the Franklin United Methodist Church. 82 West Central St
- PLC (6:30 – 7:30)
- Committee Meeting (7:30 – 8:30) All adults are encouraged to attend the committee meeting.
11/13 – Troop Meeting @ the Franklin United Methodist Church 7 – 8:30pm
11/15 – 17 – November Troop Outing – Hiking at Mt Greylock
- More details soon. There will be much discuss and planning during the Oct Troop meetings
- Sign up Now!
11/20 – Troop Meeting @ the Franklin United Methodist Church 7 – 8:30pm
11/27 – No Troop Meeting
11/30 – Eagle Court of Honor – at Franklin United Methodist Church. 4pm.
- All Families are encouraged to attend to honor Declan Lynch who has reached Eagle Rank
- At an upcoming Troop meeting, small speaking roles for the ECOH ceremony will be assigned to several scouts, so be sure your scout knows if he will be able to attend the ceremony.
- All scouts attending the ECOH should be dropped off at 3:00pm.
- For the ECOH reception, families whose last name begins with:
- A – M should bring a dessert
- N – W can bring small water or juice containers.
Access all Troop 29 Current Sign Ups list and Information: All Troop Sign Ups