5/15 – Troop Meeting @ the Franklin United Methodist Church. 82 West Central St 7 – 8:30pm **** Please note the change in location****
- Deadline to sign up for early summer camp rate.
- Deadline to sign up for June Trip.
- After a discussion on Nutrition, we will be preparing foil packs to take on the May Trip.
5/17– 5/19 – May Troop Outing – Kayaking to and camping on Washburn Island, East Falmouth, MA
- Departure will be from the Franklin VFW Hall Friday May 17th. Meeting at 4pm for 4:30pm Departure. Friday late afternoon we will Kayak in tandem Kayaks about 2.5 miles out to Washburn Island. Sunday return to the VFW approximately 11am.
- Saturday we will circumnavigate the island in our kayaks on a guided tour by a local marine biologist. We can expect to learn about the local coastal ecosystem as well as the history of Washburn Island. We will also hike and explore the 330-acre island which contains marshes, sand dunes, and small ponds, and woods. We may also be able to tour the Waquoit Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve.
- All scouts are required to have passed the BSA Swim test within the last 12 months to participate in this activity. Having earned the swimming merit badge is not sufficient, a current passing BSA Swim test result is required. See above for details and sign up for 4/12 Swim Test at the YMCA.
- Cost: $35
- Sign up deadline is April 27th
- All forms and payment due by May 15th
- Sign up here
5/22 – Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
5/29 – Troop Meeting @ 7 – 8:30pm @ DelCarte Recreation and Conservation Area in Franklin ****** change of location *****
- Troop will meet at DelCarte Recreation and Conservation Area on Pleasant Street in Franklin. Please bring boots / hiking boots and head lights.
6/5 – PLC & Committee Meeting @ the Charter School
- PLC (6:30 – 7:30) Newly elected leaders should attend.
- Committee Meeting (7:30 – 8:30) All adults are encouraged to attend the committee meeting.
6/7– 6/9 – June Troop Outing – Zip Line Canopy Tour & Camping Trip – Camp Country Aire Campground in Charlmont, MA
- Departure will be from the Franklin VFW Hall Friday June 6th. Meeting at 5pm for 5:30pm Departure. Sunday return to the VFW approximately 10am.
- Saturday morning after breakfast drive to Zoar Outdoor for Zip Line Canopy Tour in the Berkshire Mountains (about 10 minute drive from Camp location). Return to Camp Ground for lunch, possible swimming in pool and other activities.
- Scouts should wear comfortable clothing appropriate for the season, but avoid loose clothing that could tangle in ropes or other gear. Close-toed shoes (hiking boots or sturdy sneakers) For your safety, no sandals or flip flops will be permitted.
- Scouts must weigh at least 70lbs to participate in the zip line course. We may organize a group hike at Zoar for scouts that are unable or choose not to participate.
- Cost: $35
- Sign up deadline is May 15th
- All forms and payment due by May 31st
- Learn more about Zoar Outdoor’s Zip Line Canopy tour here
- Sign Up here
6/12 – Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
- Popcorn Fundraising Kick Off!
- Last Day for BOR’s before Summer! Please speak to Mr. Apicella if you need a SMC and BOR.
6/19 – Troop Meeting and COH @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
- Final Troop Meeting and Court of Honor
7/14 – 7/20 – SUMMER CAMP – Camp Squanto
- All scouts are strongly encouraged to attend camp with the Troop at Camp Squanto this summer. Camp plays an important role in individual scout development and strengthens our patrols and troop.
- Camp runs from Sunday July 14th through Saturday July 20th
- Early bird cost is $450 per scout, with additional brothers $350 each. After May 15th the cost per scout is $475.
- Scouts will receive 2 new troop t shirts. See above for more information about selecting sizes for the Troop T-shirts and ordering additional shirts.
- Mr Klawson and Mr Hall will be attending for the full duration of the camp. The troop will need an additional 1 or 2 adults for each day the troop is at camp. If you can assist for 1 or more days please sign up.
- Contact ASM Gregg Klawson for further information
- Payment due by May 15st
- Sign up here
Troop 29 Now has PayPal!
You can now pay for Troop events and fees via PayPal. Please use the following link: PayPal.Me/troop29franklin
If there is a memo field, please note the event/trip is that you are paying for. Otherwise it will quickly become confusing who is paying for what.
If you have your PayPal account connected to your checking account you will not pay a fee.
If your PayPal account is connected to a credit card, then you will pay a fee (pretty much you cover the cost of the credit card transaction).
If you want to send directly through your PayPal account/app you can send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please select the “send money to family/friend” option so that the Troop does not incur a transaction fee (they will fee us if it looks like you are paying for goods/services).
Checks at the Troop Meeting are still welcome as well. Reach out to Tim O’Toole with any questions.
Access all Troop 29 Current Sign Ups list and Information: All Troop Sign Ups