10/31 – No Troop Meeting
11/7 – PLC & Committee Meeting @ the Charter School
- Scoutbook demo and training
- Sign up deadline for the Nov Hiking Trip
11/11 – Scout participation in the Veterans Memorial Walkway Dedication
- The Franklin Veterans Memorial Walkway Committee are asking troop 29 to help to participate in the Walkway dedication ceremony.
- Scouts and leaders will be in uniform.
- Scouts and leaders should arrive no later than 12:45pm.
- The event should last approximately 1.5 hours starting at 1:30pm. Total time for scouts would then be approximately 2.5 hours. The reception at the Senior Center will go on until 4 – 4:30pm, and while the scouts are welcomed, they do not have to stay through this reception.
- The primary functions for the scouts will be unveiling the 45 bronze plaques and helping with welcome, registration and seating.
- Sign up here
11/14 – Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
- All forms and payment due for the Nov Hiking Trip
11/16 – 11/18 – November Troop Outing – Day Hiking Trip – Treasure Valley Scout Reservation, Rutland, MA
- This month the troop will go on a backpacking and hiking trip.
- Departure will be from the Franklin VFW Hall Friday November 16 at 5:30pm. Scouts should arrive early to the VFW hall to help prepare the Troop and their Patrols for departure. On Sunday November 18, we will return to the VFW Hall about 10am.
- Participants need to plan for winter hiking and camping conditions (below freezing temps, snow). Review the troop’s Camping list
- Cost: $20
- Sign up deadline: Nov 7
- All forms and payment due: Nov 14
- Sign up here
11/21 – No Troop Meeting
11/28 – Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
12/5 – PLC & Committee Meeting @ the Charter School
12/12 – Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
12/15 – 12/16 – December Troop Outing – Wreaths Across America at Bourne National Cemetery and evening activity – More Details soon!
12/19 – Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
Merit Badge Counselors Wanted! There are 136 merit badges which cover a very wide range of interests and skills. Any adults interested in being a merit badge counselor, should contact Jenn Parrella. There will be an updated list available at our nest Troop meeting for parents to review and see what is needed.
Campout / Activity Coordinator Wanted! Any adult interested in helping the Troop as the Campout Coordinator, should see Jenn Parrella to learn more about this exciting opportunity. Overview of responsibilities
Troop Secretary Wanted! Help the Troop Committee by taking care of the minutes at the Committee meetings and disturbing them.
Access all Troop 29 Current Sign Ups list and Information: All Troop Sign Ups