9/12 – Troop Meeting @ the Franklin United Methodist Church. 82 West Central St 7 – 8:30pm **** Please note the change in location****
- All forms and payment due for the September Troop Outing.
- Troop 29 will be attending MassJam 2018 for the October Troop Outing! See below for more information. Sign up is required by 9/14. Sign up here
- Reminder by October 1, all new and currently registered leaders will be required to complete the updated youth protection training. See information below.
- Have you signed up Popcorn Show and Sell yet?? See below for more information. There will be a kick off presentation, during tonight’s Troop Meeting.
- Check Sign up Genius for all camping and popcorn show and sell sign ups.
- Please note that all of our Sept Troop meetings will be held at the Franklin United Methodist Church.
- All signed Merit Badges or BOR for rank advancement must be turned in at tonight’s meeting to be awarded at our Sept COH.
9/14 – 9/16 – September Troop Outing – Team Building at Camp Nobscot, Sudbury, MA
- This month the troop will be performing team building activities. This camp is where we show some of the new scouts what they are expected to do throughout their upcoming years in scouting where they become more independent. This is also a time to remind the older scouts what their responsibilities are. The campout will consist of a hike at some point in the day, and some time to show scouts “the ropes.” They should also get used to the new elected scout leadership for the upcoming year.
- The September Troop Outing will be a team building event. It is mandatory that all scouts attend. Any new scout that hasn’t camped with Troop 29 yet, will need to bring a parent or guardian
- Departure will be from the Franklin VFW Hall at 5:30pm Friday Sept 14th. Scouts should arrive at 5:00pm to the VFW hall to help prepare the Troop and their Patrols for departure. On Sunday, we will return to the VFW Hall at approximately 10am.
- Cost $10
- Sign up deadline: Sept 5
- All forms and payment due: Sept 12
- Sign up here
9/19 – No Troop Meeting
9/ 26 – Troop Meeting and COH @ the Franklin United Methodist Church. 82 West Central St 7 – 8:30pm **** Please note the change in location****
9/29 – Eagle Court of Honor at Franklin United Methodist Church. 84 West Central St. 4pm
- All Troop Families are encouraged to attend to honor 2 of our scouts who have reached Eagle Rank – Max McGuire and Jared Winiker
- Small speaking roles for the ECOH ceremony will be assigned to several scouts, so be sure your scout knows if he will be able to attend the ceremony.
- All scouts attending the ECOH should be dropped off at 3:00pm.
- For the ECOH reception:
- Scouts not on the PLC should bring a dessert
- All PLC members should bring small water or juice containers.
Popcorn Show and Sell!
- The Troop will be selling popcorn as its primary fundraiser for the year so full participation is required of all scouts. For the show & sells, there are enough time slots for every scout to work 2 slots. In addition each time slot requires 1 adult to be signed up.
- Scouts please initially sign up for 2 slots. After September 15th, when all scouts have had an opportunity to sign-up a second email will be sent out to fill any remaining open time slots.If there are any questions regarding the Popcorn show & sell fundraiser please email Julie Baird
- Sign up here
- Our troop is able to set up our online presence to sell to family and friends. By clicking on the Trails-end link below, scouts and parents are able to create a profile with pictures and any details they would like to share like perhaps their rank, some favorite merit badges they’ve completed and of course what their online sales goal is. It looks and feels much like a GoFundMe page. Some troops have already sold thousands of dollars by promoting their online page!
- When registering the scout we are: Mayflower Council, Blue District, Troop 29
- Here is a little inspirational popcorn video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN-Wg8X2oxc
10/6 – 10/8 – October Troop Outing – MassJam at Cape Cod Fairgrounds, Rt 151 East Falmouth
- Troop 29 will be attending MassJam 2018, where thousands of scouts from Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire and Connecticut will gather to participate in an variety of fun and challenging action centers and ceremonies. This event happens only once every five years!
- Departure will be from the Franklin VFW Hall early Saturday Oct 6th (Time TBD). Scouts should arrive early to the VFW hall to help prepare the Troop and their Patrols for departure. On Monday Oct 8, we will return to the VFW Hall in the early afternoon (time TBD). Note: This is Columbus Day weekend.
- Cost: $25
- Sign up deadline: Sept 14
- All forms and payment due: Sept 26
- Sign up here
Youth Protection Training
Over the past two years, the BSA has worked with experts in the field of child abuse, child sexual abuse and maltreatment to develop new training and resources that will further strengthen our ability to protect youth. These changes include:
- Fully updated and revised Youth Protection Training developed with leaders in the field of child abuse prevention and includes insights from experts, survivors and the latest strategies for recognizing and preventing major forms of abuse. This is the designated Youth Protection training for all adults.
- Expanded youth protection content across all our communications channels will inform and engage our volunteers and parents.
- An expanded National ScoutsFirst Helpline to aid volunteers and families in addressing potentially dangerous situations.
- The BSA also provides unlimited counseling and support for healing to anyone who has ever been abused in Scouting.
- Youth protection training for youth members will be available in 2019.
By October 1, 2018, all new and currently registered leaders will be required to complete the updated training. The enhanced and updated content will allow leaders and councils to comply with all current legal requirements. While this may be inconvenient for some, it reflects the BSA’s commitment to the safety of all youth.
This training is now available on my.Scouting at https://my.scouting.org/