8/29 – PLC @ the Charter School 6:30 – 8:30pm
- This is our first PLC meeting of the year and there is lots to discuss and plan!
9/5 – 1st Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
- There will be a committee meeting for parent’s in the cafeteria at 7pm. We will be discussing Popcorn Sales and other important information for the upcoming scouting year.
9/12 – Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
September Troop Outing – 9/14 – 9/16 – More Information Soon!
9/19 – No Troop Meeting
9/ 26 – 1st Troop Meeting and COH @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
9/29 – Eagle Court of Honor at Franklin United Methodist Church. 84 West Central St. 4pm
- All Families are encouraged to attend to honor 2 of our scouts who have reached Eagle Rank – Max McGuire and Jared Winiker
October Troop Outing – 10/5 – 10/7 – Mass Jam – Save the Date! More information soon!
Youth Protection Training
Over the past two years, the BSA has worked with experts in the field of child abuse, child sexual abuse and maltreatment to develop new training and resources that will further strengthen our ability to protect youth. These changes include:
- Fully updated and revised Youth Protection Training developed with leaders in the field of child abuse prevention and includes insights from experts, survivors and the latest strategies for recognizing and preventing major forms of abuse. This is the designated Youth Protection training for all adults.
- Expanded youth protection content across all our communications channels will inform and engage our volunteers and parents.
- An expanded National ScoutsFirst Helpline to aid volunteers and families in addressing potentially dangerous situations.
- The BSA also provides unlimited counseling and support for healing to anyone who has ever been abused in Scouting.
- Youth protection training for youth members will be available in 2019.
By October 1, 2018, all new and currently registered leaders will be required to complete the updated training. The enhanced and updated content will allow leaders and councils to comply with all current legal requirements. While this may be inconvenient for some, it reflects the BSA’s commitment to the safety of all youth.
This training is now available on my.Scouting at https://my.scouting.org/