- This meeting we will focus on Community Service and preparing for the April campout.
- Payment and form due for the April Day Hiking Trip
April 27 -29 Day Hiking at Mt. Monadnock State Park, Jaffrey, NH
- Departure will be from the Franklin VFW Hall at 5:30pm Friday April 27th. Scouts should arrive at 5:00pm to the VFW hall to help prepare the Troop and their Patrols for departure.
- An appropriate hiking route will be chosen based on conditions. This could include a summit attempt (if it can be done without traction) or loop a series of lower trails back to campsite. This can be with a light pack and should be about 5 to 7 miles. Scout leadership will determine final route based on conditions observed on-site. Return to camp, cook, retire for evening
- On Sunday we will return to the VFW Hall at approximately 10am.
- Sign up deadline: April 18
- All forms and payment due: April 25
- Sign up here
- PLC (6:30 – 7:30)
- Committee Meeting (7:30 – 8:30) All adults are encouraged to attend the committee meeting.
- The Troop will be conducting the BSA Swim test on Wednesday May 2nd from 7:45pm at one of the local YMCA facilities. (To be confirmed which one )
- Sign up here
5/9 – Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
5/16 – Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
5/23 – Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
5/30 – Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
May 18-20 – Canoeing at Lower Wood River, RI
- Departure will be from the VFW Hall at 5:30pm Friday May 18th. Scouts should arrive at 5pm to the VFW hall to help prepare the Troop and their Patrols for departure.
- Base camp Friday night will be at Aquapaug Scout Reservation in South Kingston, RI. Saturday we will canoe part of the Lower Wood River returning to base camp later that day.
- Arrival back in Franklin Sunday morning to the VFW Hall at approximately 10am.
- All scouts are required to have passed the BSA Swim test within the last 12 months to participate in this activity. Having earned the swimming merit badge is not sufficient, a current passing BSA Swim test result is required.
- Cost $25
- Sign up deadline: May 9
- All forms and payment due: May 16
- Sign up here
Family Life Merit Badge – Iain Baird will be running a Merit Badge Class for Family Life. If you are interested in participating, please speak let Iain know and speak Mr. McGuire for approval.
June Campout: June 15-17 – High Adventure Park at the Heritage Museum in Sandwich, MA. More Details and Sign Up Soon!
Troop 29 Summer Camp!
All scouts are strongly encouraged to attend camp with the Troop at Camp Squanto this summer. Camp plays an important role in individual scout development and strengthens our patrols and troop. Handouts will be available and informational sessions will be held during Troop meetings on April 25th and May 9th.
- Camp runs from Sunday July 15th through Saturday July 21st
- Cost is $400 per scout, with additional brothers $300 each. Camperships may be available, please see Mr McGuire.
- Payment due May 11th.
- Complete BSA Health Form parts A, B and C is required for all scouts and adults staying at camp over 72 hours. Adults staying less than 72 hours require parts A and B only.
- The troop will need an additional 1 or 2 adults for each day the troop is at camp. If you can assist for 1 or more days please sign up.
- Contact ASM Gregg Klawson for further information.
Popcorn – We have had great popcorn fundraising sales over the past couple of years. Its time to start planning for selling this fall. If you are interested in helping to organize, please see Jennifer Parrella. No one can take on the entire program, but it works so well if a few people take some smaller tasks.
ScoutBook is Live for Troop 29! – All Parents should have received an invitation to join ScoutBook. Kim Halloran and Amy Pepin will be available during Troop meetings to help with any questions and ensure you are logged in!