4/11 – Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
- Bring your backpack filled and ready for a hiking trip. We will be discussing how and what to pack for a hiking trip. If you don’t have a backpack for the April trip, don’t worry there will be some available to borrow. More will be discussed during the meeting.
4/14 – Eagle Court of Honor – at Franklin United Methodist Church. 84 West Central St. 4pm.
- All Families are encouraged to attend to honor Josh Lauterbach who has reached Eagle Rank.
- Small speaking roles for the ECOH ceremony will be assigned to several scouts, so be sure your scout knows if he will be able to attend the ceremony.
- All scouts attending the ECOH should be dropped off at 3:00pm.
- For the ECOH reception, families whose last name begins with:
- A – M should bring a dessert
- N – W can bring small water or juice containers.
4/18 – No Troop Meeting – Vacation
4/25 – Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
- This meeting we will focus on Community Service and preparing for the April campout.
April 27 -29 Day Hiking at Mt. Monadnock State Park, Jaffrey, NH
- Departure will be from the Franklin VFW Hall at 5:30pm Friday April 27th. Scouts should arrive at 5:00pm to the VFW hall to help prepare the Troop and their Patrols for departure.
- An appropriate hiking route will be chosen based on conditions. This could include a summit attempt (if it can be done without traction) or loop a series of lower trails back to campsite. This can be with a light pack and should be about 5 to 7 miles. Scout leadership will determine final route based on conditions observed on-site. Return to camp, cook, retire for evening
- On Sunday we will return to the VFW Hall at approximately 10am.
- Sign up deadline: April 18
- All forms and payment due: April 25
- Sign up here
- PLC (6:30 – 7:30)
- Committee Meeting (7:30 – 8:30) All adults are encouraged to attend the committee meeting.
May Campout: May 18-20 – Canoeing More Details and Sign Up Soon!
June Campout: June 15-17 – High Adventure Park at the Heritage Museum in Sandwich, MA. More Details and Sign Up Soon!
Summer Camp! – Our leaders have attended an informational meeting and will be sharing all the details for summer camp. Mark your calendars now! We will be going to Camp Squanto July 15 -21.
Popcorn – We have had great popcorn fundraising sales over the past couple of years. Its time to start planning for selling this fall. If you are interested in helping to organize, please see Jennifer Parrella. No one can take on the entire program, but it works so well if a few people take some smaller tasks.
ScoutBook is Live for Troop 29! – All Parents should have received an invitation to join ScoutBook. Kim Halloran and Amy Pepin will be available during Troop meetings to help with any questions and ensure you are logged in!