Update on MBU:
|Participants, Volunteers and Counselors,
I hope everyone made it through last weekend without too much damage.
In order to provide our scouts with an optimal experience, the MBU committee has decided to extend the day on Saturday March 10. We will run through period 1-3 then take a 30 min lunch break. Scouts should bring their own lunch. After lunch we’ll repeat by running a 2nd session of each of their merit badge classes.
Please note the following schedule changes.
On Saturday March 10 School doors will be open at 7am for counselors and volunteers to set up.
Scouts accompanying the counselors and volunteers are welcome to help set up.
Sign in tables should be up and running by 7:15. Please insure you sign in.
- Doors are open for scouts at 8: 05 am and Scouts should proceed directly to their first period Merit Badge which will begin promptly at 8:20am and end at 9:20 am.
- There will be a 10 min travel break between period 1 and period 2.
- Period 2 Merit badge will begin at 9:30am and ends at 10:30am
- There will be a 10 min travel break between period 2 and period 3.
- Period 3 Merit badge will begin at 10:40am and ends at 11:40am
- Following 3rd period at 11:40 we will have a 30 min. break for lunch
FOOD IS ONLY ALLOWED IN CAFFETERIA AND GYM
- At 12:10pm scouts should be in their seats for the second session of their 1st period Merit badge 4th period ends at 1:10pm.
- There will be a 10 min travel break between period 4 and period 5.
- The second session of their 2nd period Merit badge will begin at 1:20pm and end at 2:20.
- There will be a 10 min travel break between period 5 and period 6.
- The second session of their 3rd period Merit badge will begin at 2:30 and ends at 3:30.
- The day ends at 3:30. Please be there to pick up your son as close to 3:30 as possible.
While we understand this is not a perfect solution we believe it serves the majority of our scouts.
See you on Saturday!
3/7 PLC & Committee Meeting @ the Charter School.
- PLC (6:30 – 7:30)
- Committee Meeting (7:30 – 8:30) All adults are encouraged to attend the committee meeting.
- Sign up deadline for the Troop Day Hike at Franklin State Forest
3/14 Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
March 10, 24 – Merit Badge University at Southeastern Regional Vocational Technical High School, Easton, MA
March 17 Troop Day Hike at Franklin State Forest – Forge Hill Road, Franklin
- Scouts will meet at the parking lot at the water towers past the YMCA on Forge Hill Road. Scouts should arrive at 10:00am and be prepared to stay till 3pm.
- Proper footwear is required, there is likely to be a lot of mud.
- Cost is $5
- Sign up deadline: March 7
- All forms and payment due: March 14
- Sign up here
3/21 Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
3/28 Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
April 27 -29 Day Hiking at Mt. Monadnock State Park, Jaffrey, NH
- Departure will be from the Franklin VFW Hall at 5:30pm Friday April 27th. Scouts should arrive at 5:00pm to the VFW hall to help prepare the Troop and their Patrols for departure.
- An appropriate hiking route will be chosen based on conditions. This could include a summit attempt (if it can be done without traction) or loop a series of lower trails back to campsite. This can be with a light pack and should be about 5 to 7 miles. Scout leadership will determine final route based on conditions observed on-site. Return to camp, cook, retire for evening
- On Sunday we will return to the VFW Hall at approximately 10am.
- Sign up deadline: April 18
- All forms and payment due: April 25
- Sign up here
May Campout: Canoeing More Details and Sign Up Soon!
June Campout: Zip lining More Details and Sign Up Soon!