1/17 Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
- Did you sign up for MBU yet? See info below
- Deadline to Sign up for Klondike See info belwo
1/20 Wreaths Across America – Bourne National Cemetery
- Anyone interested in participating in the cleanup of the wreaths. The troop is not participating as a group but wanted to share with families that may want to participate individually.
- Click Here for more information
1/21 Recognition at Methodist Church – 10am Service
- The church was so pleased with the school bags we assembled for our December Service Project that they have asked for as many scouts as possible to join them at the 10 am service for the blessing of this project.
- Sign Up Now
1/24 Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
1/26-1/27 Klondike Derby – Camp Squanto – Plymouth MA
- This month the troop will be participating in the Klondike Derby 2018 – Arctic Challenge. Scouts will compete against each other for ribbons and glory. Each patrol forms into a “Stampeder Dog Sled Team” and competes as a separate expedition. Departure will be from the Franklin VFW Hall at Friday.
- We will only be staying Friday night and will be not be staying Saturday night. On Saturday night, we will then return to the VFW Hall. Departure and arrival times to be determined.
- Deadline to sign up – 1/17
- Cost $20. due 1/24.
- Sign Up Now
1/31 Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
- Troop COH
- Feb Troop Outing Sign up deadline
- 2019 World Jamboree sign up deadline.
February Service Project – Scouting for Food – Franklin Food Pantry:
- January 10th – We will distribute the Scouting for Food flyers to the boys
- January 20th – Scouts will be picking up donations from their neighborhood.
- January 24th – Scouts will bring donations to the Troop meeting.
2019 World Scout Jamboree Sign Up by 1/31/18 to get Early Bird Discount
The 24th World Scout Jamboree will be held at the BSA’s new permanent Jamboree home: the Summit Bechtel Reserve in West Virginia. A World Jamboree in our country is a once-in-a-generation event. Some 50,000 Scouts and Scouters from 167 different countries are expected at the event, to be held July 22 to Aug. 2, 2019. They’ll meet people from around the world while enjoying SBR’s world-class adventure offerings.
How to be a youth participant or adult leader
- Max number: 7,200 participants in 180 units. Each 40-person unit will have four adult leaders and 36 youth.
- Youth eligibility: Ages 14 to 17 by the first day of the Jamboree. That means your birthday has to fall between July 22, 2001, and July 21, 2005. (Born before July 22, 2001? Try to attend as an adult or IST member.)
- Adult eligibility: Like for National Jamborees, prospective World Scout Jamboree leaders will fill out an application. Approval and a final decision will from the U.S. contingent leadership.
- Cost: $2400 for early bird registration. The World Scout Jamboree cost will include transportation, and, to keep costs down, there will be no pre- or post-Jamboree tour.
How to register: go to the U.S. contingent website.
2/9 – 2/10 Troop Outing – Downhill Skiing at Cranmore Mt., North Conway, NH.
- This month the troop will be skiing and riding at Cranmore in North Conway NH.
- The troop leaves the VFW at 5:30 Friday night. Return to Franklin approximately 10-10:30 pm Saturday night.
- Cost: Adults $105, Scouts $95 – due 2/7.
- Deadline to sign up – 1/31
- Trip includes: 1 All Day lift for Saturday, Accommodations Friday night, Breakfast Saturday morning, a $15 voucher for lunch Saturday & Pizza party Saturday evening BEFORE departure for Franklin that night. Plan on bringing extra money to cover an additional meal or food. The Troop will be sleeping inside the Cranmore base lodge Friday night.
- Indicate on the sign-up below type of ticket needed and if lessons or equipment rentals are needed.
- WEBLOS crossing over to our troop this spring, a parent MUST attend with your scout.
- Sign up now!
2/11 Scout Sunday – United Methodist Scout Sunday Franklin United Methodist Church is our troop’s sponsor and it is in their mission to support scouting. To show our support and gratitude to the church, we encourage our scout families to attend their worship service at 10am. Scouts should come in their Class A.
- Cost $25 per scout
- Completed sign up forms due back to Anna Dos Santos 1/3 or as soon as possible. Registrations will be done in order they are received.
- Submit completed forms to Troop 29’s MBU Coordinator, Anna Dos Santos. Scan and email form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or mail to 98 Shore Street Falmouth, MA 02540.
- If you have any questions or need a form, please contact Anna at email@example.com.