12/13 Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
- All Fees and Forms must be completed for the Dec Troop Outing.
- The Rock Spot Waiver must be completed.
- Deadline to Sign up for Jan Troop Outing – Klondike Derby.
- Merit Badge University is coming in March 2018. Dates are: 3/3, 3/10 and 3/24. Sign up will be coming in January. Check your calendars now. MBU Counselors are also needed!
2019 World Scout Jamboree Sign Up by 1/31/18 to get Early Bird Discount
The 24th World Scout Jamboree will be held at the BSA’s new permanent Jamboree home: the Summit Bechtel Reserve in West Virginia. A World Jamboree in our country is a once-in-a-generation event. Some 50,000 Scouts and Scouters from 167 different countries are expected at the event, to be held July 22 to Aug. 2, 2019. They’ll meet people from around the world while enjoying SBR’s world-class adventure offerings.
How to be a youth participant or adult leader
- Max number: 7,200 participants in 180 units. Each 40-person unit will have four adult leaders and 36 youth.
- Youth eligibility: Ages 14 to 17 by the first day of the Jamboree. That means your birthday has to fall between July 22, 2001, and July 21, 2005. (Born before July 22, 2001? Try to attend as an adult or IST member.)
- Adult eligibility: Like for National Jamborees, prospective World Scout Jamboree leaders will fill out an application. Approval and a final decision will from the U.S. contingent leadership.
- Cost: $2400 for early bird registration. The World Scout Jamboree cost will include transportation, and, to keep costs down, there will be no pre- or post-Jamboree tour.
How to register: go to the U.S. contingent website.
12/16 Wreath Laying at Massachusetts National Cemetery at Bourne
- Troop 29 will place wreaths on veteran gravestones at Massachusetts National Cemetery at Bourne. We invite the whole troop family (parents, siblings, and scouts) to participate.
- Ceremonies at National Cemeteries around the world will be starting at the same moment, 12pm ET. Our troop family will be a part of a large effort with many other volunteers at MA National Cemetery at Bourne placing wreaths for 57,000 graves.
- We will meet at the VFW by 10:00 am and depart promptly at 10:15 am to travel together to the National Cemetery.
- Please plan on packing a lunch to eat.
- Sign details coming soon for all that will be participating!
- If your family would also like to donate wreaths, please following the link (https://donate.wreathsacrossamerica.org/?pageId=16175&relatedIds=0 ). Donating wreaths is not a requirement to participate in the wreath laying.
12/16 Rock Spot
- Those scouts that participate in the Wreath Laying can participate in Rock Spot. overnight
- Deadline to sign up – 11/29.
- Cost $30. due 12/13.
- Rock Spot Waiver This form must be completed.
- Sign Up Now!
12/20 Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
- Service Project work – Assembling School Kits. This is a service project for the Troop and all scouts are required to attend and participate. We will be assembling the kits, having a pizza party and raffle for a drone. We will also having a special celebration to thank the Ryan’s for their leadership to the troop over the past several years.
12/27 No Troop Meeting – School Vacation
1/3 PLC & Committee Meeting @ the Charter School.
- PLC (6:30 – 7:30)
- Committee Meeting (7:30 – 8:30) All adults are encouraged to attend the committee meeting.
1/10 Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
1/17 Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
1/24 Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
1/26-1/28 Klondike Derby – Camp Squanto – Plymouth MA
- This month the troop will be participating in the Klondike Derby 2018 – Arctic Challenge. Scouts will compete against each other for ribbons and glory. Each patrol forms into a “Stampeder Dog Sled Team” and competes as a separate expedition. Departure will be from the Franklin VFW Hall at Friday. On Sunday morning we will then return to the VFW Hall. Departure and arrival times to be determined.
- Deadline to sign up – 12/13 – Due to Council resgistration deadline
- Cost $20. due 1/24.
- Sign Up Now
1/31 Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
2/9 – 2/10 Troop Outing – Downhill Skiing at Cranmore Mt., North Conway, NH.
- This month the troop will be going downhill skiing at Cranmore Mt.
- Departure will be from the Franklin VFW Hall on Friday and return Saturday night to the VFW Hall. More Details and Sign Up soon!
2/11 Scout Sunday – United Methodist Scout Sunday Franklin United Methodist Church is our troop’s sponsor and it is in their mission to support scouting. To show our support and gratitude to the church, we encourage our scout families to attend their worship service at 10am. Scouts should come in their Class A.