11/29 Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
- Popcorn and Prize Delivery – All popcorn and prizes will be available for pick up at the 11/29 Troop Meeting. If you are not able to be at the troop meeting, please let Mrs. Ryan know and make separate arrangements to pick up between 11/19 – 11/30.
- Deadline to sign up for the Dec Troop Outing – Wreath Laying and Overnight at Rock Spot.
12/6 PLC & Committee Meeting @ the Charter School.
- PLC (6:30 – 7:30)
- Committee Meeting (7:30 – 8:30) All adults are encouraged to attend the committee meeting.
12/13 Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
- Deadline to Sign up for Jan Troop Outing – Klondike Derby
12/16 Wreath Laying at Massachusetts National Cemetery at Bourne
- Troop 29 will place wreaths on veteran gravestones at Massachusetts National Cemetery at Bourne. We invite the whole troop family (parents, siblings, and scouts) to participate.
- Ceremonies at National Cemeteries around the world will be starting at the same moment, 12pm ET. Our troop family will be a part of a large effort with many other volunteers at MA National Cemetery at Bourne placing wreaths for 57,000 graves.
- We will meet at the VFW by 10:00 am and depart promptly at 10:15 am to travel together to the National Cemetery.
- Please plan on packing a lunch to eat.
- Sign details coming soon for all that will be participating!
- If your family would also like to donate wreaths, please following the link (https://donate.wreathsacrossamerica.org/?pageId=16175&relatedIds=0 ). Donating wreaths is not a requirement to participate in the wreath laying.
12/16 Rock Spot
- Those scouts that participate in the Wreath Laying can participate in Rock Spot. overnight
- Deadline to sign up – 11/29.
- Cost $30. due 12/13.
- Sign Up Now!
12/20 Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
Looking Ahead to January!
1/26-1/28 Klondike Derby – Camp Squanto – Plymouth MA
- This month the troop will be participating in the Klondike Derby 2018 – Arctic Challenge. Scouts will compete against each other for ribbons and glory. Each patrol forms into a “Stampeder Dog Sled Team” and competes as a separate expedition. Departure will be from the Franklin VFW Hall at Friday. On Sunday morning we will then return to the VFW Hall. Departure and arrival times to be determined.
- Deadline to sign up – 12/13 – Due to Council resgistration deadline
- Cost $20. due 1/24.
- Sign Up Now
Adult Leadership Opportunities:
We are a small troop and need your help to deliver a quality program. Please contact Deb Ryan (firstname.lastname@example.org) to see what opportunity would be a good fit for you.
- Assistant Scoutmaster(s): An Assistant Scoutmaster is one of the adult leaders age 18 or over who assist the Scoutmaster in delivering the troop program. It enables you to directly have a positive impact on scouts guiding them in their scouting journey. We understand your schedule might not enable you to be at each troop meeting or outing – it is our goal to build a strong bench of ASMs that are trained and provide the right level of support to the scouts as they lead and learn new skills.
- Troop Committee roles: The Troop Committee conducts the business of the troop, setting policy, supporting the Scoutmaster and scouts with planned activities. In addition, the committee has the responsibility to conduct boards of review with the scouts. We do have specific roles within the committee that are available now or in the near future. Below are their job descriptions.
- (Jan) Troop Equipment Coordinator: The unit equipment coordinator is appointed by the committee chairman to work with the youth Quartermaster and is responsible inventory, storage, and maintenance of
2019 World Scout Jamboree Sign Up by 1/31/18 to get Early Bird Discount
The 24th World Scout Jamboree will be held at the BSA’s new permanent Jamboree home: the Summit Bechtel Reserve in West Virginia. A World Jamboree in our country is a once-in-a-generation event. Some 50,000 Scouts and Scouters from 167 different countries are expected at the event, to be held July 22 to Aug. 2, 2019. They’ll meet people from around the world while enjoying SBR’s world-class adventure offerings.
How to be a youth participant or adult leader
- Max number: 7,200 participants in 180 units. Each 40-person unit will have four adult leaders and 36 youth.
- Youth eligibility: Ages 14 to 17 by the first day of the Jamboree. That means your birthday has to fall between July 22, 2001, and July 21, 2005. (Born before July 22, 2001? Try to attend as an adult or IST member.)
- Adult eligibility: Like for National Jamborees, prospective World Scout Jamboree leaders will fill out an application. Approval and a final decision will from the U.S. contingent leadership.
- Cost: $2400 for early bird registration. The World Scout Jamboree cost will include transportation, and, to keep costs down, there will be no pre- or post-Jamboree tour.
How to register: go to the U.S. contingent website.
- Now is the time to update your YPT training, it takes only 25 minutes and you are then current for your role and just working with the scouts. It is the goal of our troop to have each adult be trained in this area.
- To take the training, go to http://my.scouting.org/