10/18 Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
- Popcorn Order Forms Due! – All order forms (completed or blank) need to be handed in with the collected money.
- Oct Troop Outing Forms and payment due.
10/20-22 Troop Outing – Biking on Cape Cod
- Base camp Friday night will be at Greenough Scout Reservation in Yarmouthport and on Saturday the troop will bike on the Cape Cod Rail Trail. We will return to base camp later Saturday.
- Departure will be from the Franklin VFW Hall at 5:30pm Friday October 20th. Scouts should arrive at 5:00pm to the VFW hall to help prepare the Troop and their Patrols for departure. On Sunday morning we will then return to the VFW Hall at approximately 10am.
- In addition to the normal troop camping pack list (Troop 29 camping checklist), proper bicycle equipment is needed including a helmet.
- Deadline to sign up – 10/11.
- Cost $20. due 10/18.
- Sign up Now!
All scouts currently registered with the troop need to participate to support the troop with a selling goal is $450. Those scouts that reach the goal, recharging expenses of $85 will be waived. We estimate that each hour a scout participates in a Show & Sell will bring him $50 closer to his goal. The more shifts you are able to do, the closer you become to your sales goals. Sign up for available shifts now! http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0A4AABAB2CA7FF2-popcorn1. (Note: adults need to have current YPT training. This is a 30 min online class that can be found at my.scouting.org.) Please encourage your scout to also visit neighbors, friends and family to reach his goal.
10/25 Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
11/1 PLC & Committee Meeting @ the Charter School.
- PLC (6:30 – 7:30)
- Committee Meeting (7:30 – 8:30) All adults are encouraged to attend the committee meeting.
11/8 Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
11/11 Eagle Court of Honor – at Franklin United Methodist Church. 84 West Central St. 4pm.
- All Families are encouraged to attend to honor our scouts who have reached Eagle Rank.
11/15 Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
11/17-11/19 Troop Outing – Day hike hiking Mt Monadnock
- Based camp Camp Friday night will be at Mt Monadnock State Park, Jaffrey, NH. Group will backpack to second camp on Saturday and set up camp for the night. Sunday will be a short hike back to cars or there is an option to have cars at second camp. Scouts will carry all food and gear between the 2 sites.
- Departure will be from the Franklin VFW Hall at 5:30pm Friday November 17th. Scouts should arrive at 5:00pm to the VFW hall to help prepare the Troop and their Patrols for departure. On Sunday morning we will then return to the VFW Hall at approximately 10am.
- Webelos may join us.
- Deadline to sign up – 11/10
- Cost $20. due 11/15.
- Sign up Now!
11/19 Thanksgiving at Squanto for the whole family
- All are welcome with fun family activities
- A Thanksgiving dinner will be provided with all of the fixings
- Advance registration is required by 11/14 at www.mayflower.org/event/thanksgiving-at-Squanto
11/22 No Troop Meeting – Thanksgiving Break
11/29 Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
- Recharting form due for each family.
- We want to begin to identify both adults and scouts that plan to continue their scouting with Troop 29. Each family must complete this form and provide back to Deb Ryan by 11/29.
- Rechartering invoices will be issues after our fundraiser efforts
Invite a Friend!
- Share the adventure of scouting with your friends. It is not too late to invite them to our bike trip this month. Maybe you have friends that enjoy hiking – invite them to our November trip.
- This scouting year, think about how you can share you adventures in scouting with your friends.
- If your friend joins our troop, you will be entered into a drawing that will take place in October and November for some cool technology. Visit https://www.mayflowerbsa.org/program/recruitment/ for details.
12/2 Winter Camp Workshop 8am – 4pm
- Winter camping have you nervous? Perhaps the greatest magic of winter camping is the satisfaction of having successfully met the challenge and doing more than you thought you could.
- Attend the winter camping workshop and learn how winter camping can be rewarding experience with fantastic memories to boot.
- You will learn winter safety, how to get more use out of your current 3 season gear, cooking, how to get a good night’s rest, how to stay warm.
- This is open to both adults and scouts. Contact Mr. McGuire if you are interested in attending.
New Council Center Hours
Effective 10/16 New Council Service Center hours: M,W, F 10am – 2pm. Closed T and TH.
Adult Leadership Opportunities:
We are a small troop and need your help to deliver a quality program. Please contact Deb Ryan (email@example.com) to see what opportunity would be a good fit for you.
- Assistant Scoutmaster(s): An Assistant Scoutmaster is one of the adult leaders age 18 or over who assist the Scoutmaster in delivering the troop program. It enables you to directly have a positive impact on scouts guiding them in their scouting journey. We understand your schedule might not enable you to be at each troop meeting or outing – it is our goal to build a strong bench of ASMs that are trained and provide the right level of support to the scouts as they lead and learn new skills.
- Troop Committee roles: The Troop Committee conducts the business of the troop, setting policy, supporting the Scoutmaster and scouts with planned activities. In addition, the committee has the responsibility to conduct boards of review with the scouts. We do have specific roles within the committee that are available now or in the near future. Below are their job descriptions.
- View the Troop 29 – 2017-2018 Calendar. Although we try limit changes, dates may be subject to change.
- Now is the time to update your YPT training, it takes only 25 minutes and you are then current for your role and just working with the scouts. It is the goal of our troop to have each adult be trained in this area.
- To take the training, go to http://my.scouting.org/