9/20 Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
- This is the last day to have MB signed and Rank Conferences before next week’s COH. Please plan accordingly. Adult Committee members will be needed participate on BORs.
9/27 Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm – COH
10/4 PLC & Committee Meeting @ the Charter School.
- PLC (6:30 – 7:30)
- Committee Meeting (7:30 – 8:30) All adults are encouraged to attend the committee meeting.
10/11 Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
10/18 Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
- Popcorn Order Forms Due!
10/20-22 Troop Outing. More Details Soon!
10/25 Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
Popcorn Fundraiser Update
A big shoutout to the scouts yesterday who helped kick off our fundraiser! It was an amazing day yesterday – the community responded in a very big way to our scouts as they promoted scouting. There are still shifts this coming weekend that need to be filled by scouts and adults http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0A4AABAB2CA7FF2-popcorn1. (Note: adults need to have current YPT training. This is a 30 min online class that can be found at my.scouting.org.)
Each scout has a goal of selling $450 of popcorn to hep meet troop funding needs. We are estimated that each hour a scout participates in a Show & Sell will bring him $50 closer to his goal. Please encourage your scout to also visit neighbors, friends and family to reach his goal. If your scout is able to reach or exceed the goal, the troop will waive rechartering costs which is has increased this year.
Adult Leadership Opportunities:
We are a small troop and need your help to deliver a quality program. Please contact Deb Ryan (firstname.lastname@example.org) to see what opportunity would be a good fit for you.
- Assistant Scoutmaster(s): An Assistant Scoutmaster is one of the adult leaders age 18 or over who assist the Scoutmaster in delivering the troop program. It enables you to directly have a positive impact on scouts guiding them in their scouting journey. We understand your schedule might not enable you to be at each troop meeting or outing – it is our goal to build a strong bench of ASMs that are trained and provide the right level of support to the scouts as they lead and learn new skills.
- Troop Committee roles: The Troop Committee conducts the business of the troop, setting policy, supporting the Scoutmaster and scouts with planned activities. In addition, the committee has the responsibility to conduct boards of review with the scouts. We do have specific roles within the committee that are available now or in the near future. Below are their job descriptions.
- (Now) Troop Outdoor/Activities Chair: The unit outdoor/activities chair is appointed by the committee chairman to secure permission slips, money and serve as transportation coordinator, ensuring a monthly outdoor program.
- (Jan) Troop Committee ChairmanThe unit committee chair is appointed by the chartered organization and registered as an adult leader of the BSA. The unit committee chairman appoints and supervises the unit committee and unit leaders.
- (Jan) Troop Equipment Coordinator: The unit equipment coordinator is appointed by the committee chairman to work with the youth Quartermaster and is responsible inventory, storage, and maintenance of
Dressed for Scouts!
- Always were your Class A uniform to Troop Meetings.
- Make sure you have your shirt, appropriate pants, belt and shoes.
- Don’t forget to take your uniform with you and change if you are coming from another event before the troop meeting.
- Check out these helpful uniform tips !
- View the Troop 29 – 2017-2018 Calendar. Although we try limit changes, dates may be subject to change.
- Now is the time to update your YPT training, it takes only 25 minutes and you are then current for your role and just working with the scouts. It is the goal of our troop to have each adult be trained in this area.
- To take the training, go to http://my.scouting.org/