Before Your First Show and Sell
The troop thank’s Jon Apicella and Kaye Hardt for taking on the role of coordinating our popcorn fundraising efforts. The product will be stored at the Hardt’s home and together Kaye and Jon will be capturing our fundraising efforts and scout participation.
- Be in your Class A with a smile. Remember, you are selling scouting, not popcorn
- Arrive 5 – 10 minutes early at your selling location to set up, or enable a smooth transition from the shift before yours.
- Set up and maintain your “store front” by creating pyramids of the similar popcorn product on top of the boxes. Keep the area need and attractive.
- The night before, practice with your family your sales pitch and be familiar with the items $30 and below because that will be at our Show and Sells.
- Have fun!
- Take Youth Protection Training, if not current in the last 2 years Just go to my.scouting.org to take the short online training.
- Be prepared to take credit card sales a couple of days before you shift. If you have not received an email from PayAnywhere inviting you to set up an account, email Deb Ryan at email@example.com. Follow Selling Popcorn with PayAnywhere Credit Card Reader instructions after you have followed the prompts of the invitation.
- 1st Shift Adult: Please get your supplies (popcorn, seed money and credit card swipe) from Kaye Hardt at 5 Calistoga Way, Franklin. Please plan timing so that you give about 15 minutes for set up with scouts before the fist shift begins. Meet with location store manager for clarification of set up location.
- Last Shift Adult: Please ensure scouts clean up the location and the scouts thank the store manager for allowing the troop to use their store front. Bring all supplies and sign in/out information back to Kaye Hardt at 5 Calistoga Way, Franklin.
- Each shift adult will coordinate sign in/out of scouts and manage money and credit card transactions. There will be no need to take inventory of product or count money.
Sign up now! Many shifts are available, including time on this Sunday!!
Should you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact:
Deb Ryan at 508-317-6317 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jon Apicella at 617-817-2782 email@example.com
Kaye Hardt at 617-694-9267 firstname.lastname@example.org