9/13 Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
- Parent Meeting @ 7pm
9/15 OA Ordeal Weekend
- This is for just called out Ordeal Candidates, Brotherhood Candidates or Arrowmen (adults and scouts).
- Sign up and details can be found in the calendar section of http://www.oldcolonycouncil.org
9/16 Panera Dinning Fundraiser
- Our dinning fundraisers are fully coordinated by scouts in the troop.
- Panera’s will be from Open until Close of the Franklin Panera. Share this attached flyer with friends and family to support Troop 29. The flyer will be needed so that up to 20% of proceeds will be shared with the troop. Panera Flyer
9/20 Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm
9/27 Troop Meeting @ the Charter School 7 – 8:30pm – COH
Each scout has the goal of $450 to contribute to our troop as well as local scouting. If your scout is able to achieve or exceed this goal, the Troop will pay on his behalf all BSA rechartering expenses as a thank you. There are 3 ways to meet this goal:
1. Sell directly to friends, family and your neighborhood using the order sheet that was mailed directly to your home in August. This selling window is from 9/3 – 10/18. All money and order forms are due back to Mrs. Ryan no later than the troop meeting on 10/18. Popcorn will be delivered back to your scout before Thanksgiving.
2. Participate in the Troop’s scheduled Show and Sells. It is our projection (based on last year) that every hour your scout participates in this method will being him $50 closer to his goal. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0A4AABAB2CA7FF2-popcorn1. Sign up now to lock in at least 2 slots per scout. Adults with current YPT are needed as well for each shift.
3. Sell to family and friends via online. Selling window is also from 9/3 – 10/18 to be included in incentives. Further information on setting up your scouts personalized webpage: Online Sales Info
Adult Leadership Opportunities:
We are a small troop and need your help to deliver a quality program. Please contact Deb Ryan (firstname.lastname@example.org) to see what opportunity would be a good fit for you.
- Assistant Scoutmaster(s): An Assistant Scoutmaster is one of the adult leaders age 18 or over who assist the Scoutmaster in delivering the troop program. It enables you to directly have a positive impact on scouts guiding them in their scouting journey. We understand your schedule might not enable you to be at each troop meeting or outing – it is our goal to build a strong bench of ASMs that are trained and provide the right level of support to the scouts as they lead and learn new skills.
- Troop Committee roles: The Troop Committee conducts the business of the troop, setting policy, supporting the Scoutmaster and scouts with planned activities. In addition, the committee has the responsibility to conduct boards of review with the scouts. We do have specific roles within the committee that are available now or in the near future. Below are their job descriptions.
- (Now) Troop Outdoor/Activities Chair: The unit outdoor/activities chair is appointed by the committee chairman to secure permission slips, money and serve as transportation coordinator, ensuring a monthly outdoor program.
- (Jan) Troop Committee ChairmanThe unit committee chair is appointed by the chartered organization and registered as an adult leader of the BSA. The unit committee chairman appoints and supervises the unit committee and unit leaders.
- (Jan) Troop Equipment Coordinator: The unit equipment coordinator is appointed by the committee chairman to work with the youth Quartermaster and is responsible inventory, storage, and maintenance of
- View the Troop 29 – 2017-2018 Calendar. Although we try limit changes, dates may be subject to change.
- Now is the time to update your YPT training, it takes only 25 minutes and you are then current for your role and just working with the scouts. It is the goal of our troop to have each adult be trained in this area.
- To take the training, go to http://my.scouting.org/