June 7– Patrol Leaders’ Council (PLC) at 6:30 pm. Committee Meeting at 7:3o pm
June Troop Outing – June 9-11 – White Water Rafting
– This month the troop will be White Water Rafting
with Zoar Outdoors in Charlemont, MA
. Departure will be from the VFW Hall at 5:30pm Friday June 9th. Scouts should arrive at 5pm to the VFW hall to help prepare the Troop and their Patrols for departure.
Base camp Friday night will be at Country Aire Campground
in Charlemont, MA
We need to confirm the number of scouts and adults rafting by noontime on May 11th.
Cost will be $40 per scout (troop is covering an additional $60 cost per scout and all costs for adults; if the May car wash is very successful, the $40 cost may be reduced.)
Scouts and adults will be led by trained guides on 10 miles of Class II & III rapids on the Deerfield River, which are perfect for beginners & those with more experience. All participants will be provided with personal floatation devices, helmets, a “wetsuit package” that includes a splash jacket and booties, and a paddle.
The rafting trip takes about 6 hours and includes a picnic lunch served on the river. This trip is usually considered to be the highlight of the year!
All forms and payment must be received by May 31st. Sign up now!
June 14 – Final Troop Meeting and Court of Honor with Picnic – 6:30pm
- COH will be from 6:30 – 7pm – all families encouraged to attend. Picnic begins immediate following COH 7pm at Charter School.
- Families with last name A – G, please bring Salads
- Families with last name H – O, please bring Dessert
- Families with last name P – Z, please bring Water/Beverages.
- The Troop will provide gigantic deli sandwiches from BJ’s along with some chips. Please have salads and desserts ready to be served!
Adult Leadership Opportunities:
At the end of December we will have 2 open positions that will need to be filled: Committee Chair and Adult Quartermaster. In addition, the troop could use another Assistant Scout Master starting in September. Please contact Deb Ryan to learn more about these opportunities.
Summer Camp! 2017 Summer Camp at Camp Squanto (Week #3) Sunday, July 16th, through Saturday, July 22rd
- Coordinator: TJ Lynch – email@example.com
- Location: Camp Squanto – 200 Cutters Field Road, Plymouth, MA 02360
- Program Fee: $380.00 per Scout. $300.00 2nd Scout (Brother Discount)
- Required Forms:
- Summer Camp Registration Form
- Permission Slip / Behavior Form
- Merit Badge Selection Form
- Camp Squanto Authorization to Administer Medication and Allergy Form (must be completed even if scout does not take medication or has no allergies)
- BSA Medical Form– This requires a signature from the pediatrician’s office and that signature must be dated within 12 months of camp. If you prefer to complete it as a fillable PDF form and print it, the form can be found at: http://www.scouting.org/filestore/HealthSafety/pdf/680-001_ABC.pdf
All parents are recommended to attend one of the parent information meetings scheduled for 04/26 and 05/10 during the scheduled Troop meetings. At these meetings you will be able to obtain all of the required forms, receive advice pertaining to merit badge selections for your scout, ask questions / receive information regarding health / medication related issues and have all of your questions answered. If you can’t make any of the scheduled meetings or would like to get a head start on the forms, you may send an email request to receive the forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. The forms will be emailed to you.
- Important Summer Camp Dates:
- 5/10 – Registration form and $190.00 deposit/initial installment of camp fee is due to secure spot in camp. Any registrations received after 5/10 will be assessed a $20.00 late fee (Camp Squanto Policy).
- 5/31 – All required forms and final fees must be submitted. (remainder after deposit) is due, $190.00 for one scout and $110.00 for 2nd Scout (Brother Discount), if applicable.
As a reminder all activity sign-ups are now online, signed release forms and payment will still need to be handed in at the troop meetings or given to Mr. Klawson when required. To Access all Troop 29 Current Sign Ups list and Information: All Troop Sign ups
Please provide updates to Amy Pepin, email@example.com, before 9am on Monday to be included in that week’s Troop News.