Honoring those that have served our country on Monday 5/29:
- The town has relied on our troop for many years to take an active role in the Memorial Day Parade that honors and recognizes those that have served our country. We are in jeopardy to support the town this year!
- What does the service entail? Set up and take down the viewing and ceremonial area – each about a 45 min committment. This entails chairs and shade for the veterans, the bell that rings out for each service person that has died this past year and the podium where guest speak honoring Franklin’s veterans. Much of the equipment for the ceremonial area comes from the VFW which our troop uses for storage and we have easy access to bring to the commons.
- The troop needs cars, a truck and scouts to help out in this small, but important effort.
- Sign Up to Help
- If you are in town and your scout is not in a band marching in the parade, we ask that your scout march with the troop to honor those that have served. The troop also needs adult leaders to be a part of the parade for 2 deep. In the sign up above, please indicate your involvement in the parade.
- Details of timing and locations are all in the sign up.
Supporting your troop:
Outside of the popcorn fund raiser effort this fall, all other fundraising efforts have been coordinated directly by scouts that has included a few dining fundraisers and the car wash that will be taking place this Saturday. These fundraisers your PLC defined last June to support the troop financially.
May 27 – Troop’s Car Wash Fundraiser effort at Uno’s parking lot -10am – 3pm.
- Saturday is to be a beautiful sunny day – a perfect day for a car wash!
- We have only 7 scouts that have signed up and we will proceed with the car wash BUT…. we need more for this to be a good success. Sign up now!
- Wear your Class A to promote scouting as we fundraise.