- Rock Climbing & Repelling
- Shooting Range with archery, BB range, and tomahawks
- STEM Experiments
- Indoor swimming – Please note the scouts will need to pass a swim check before going into the deep end.
- Outdoor cooking (how does brownies, cornbread, stew, or strawberry shortcake sound?)
- Hands on scout skills – starting fires without matches, rope making, build a tripod and many more
May 24 – Troop Meeting – 7pm-8:30pm. Charter School
Troop needs the following for both set-up and take-down
- 5 scouts
- a van or truck to help transport a podium from Dean to the common
- 2 – 3 cars to transport 40 chairs and the 2 ez ups from VFW to the common
- ONLY FOR SET UP: 2 coolers filled with ice and water bottles to leave with at the ceremonial area for dignitaries (owners to coordinate with take down team to retrieve)
- Set up – meet at VFW at 7:15am Monday 5/29
- Take Down – immediately following the Ceremony that will probably end around 1pm
Parade Day Parade details…. It begins at 10:30 Please make note that there is new starting and drop off locations from previous years.
- Troop requests all scouts that are not marching with their band in the parade participate with the troop
- We’ll need some adult leaders to walk with scouts
- Class A uniforms, water, comfortable shoes, sun screen
- Drop off at 10am behind Dean Bank, on Dean Ave. Leaders should arrive 10 min earlier to receive scouts being dropped off
- Parade concludes at the Common around noon – families are encouraged to stay for the ceremony
- Summer Camp – All required forms must be submitted. Final fee (remainder after deposit) is due, $190.00 for one scout and $110.00 for 2nd Scout (Brother Discount), if applicable.
We need to confirm the number of scouts and adults rafting by noontime on May 11th.
Cost will be $40 per scout (troop is covering an additional $60 cost per scout and all costs for adults; if the May car wash is very successful, the $40 cost may be reduced.)
Scouts and adults will be led by trained guides on 10 miles of Class II & III rapids on the Deerfield River, which are perfect for beginners & those with more experience. All participants will be provided with personal floatation devices, helmets, a “wetsuit package” that includes a splash jacket and booties, and a paddle.
The rafting trip takes about 6 hours and includes a picnic lunch served on the river. This trip is usually considered to be the highlight of the year!
All forms and payment must be received by May 31st. Sign up now!
Summer Camp! 2017 Summer Camp at Camp Squanto (Week #3) Sunday, July 16th, through Saturday, July 22rd
- Coordinator: TJ Lynch – email@example.com
- Location: Camp Squanto – 200 Cutters Field Road, Plymouth, MA 02360
- Program Fee: $380.00 per Scout. $300.00 2nd Scout (Brother Discount)
- Required Forms:
- Summer Camp Registration Form
- Permission Slip / Behavior Form
- Merit Badge Selection Form
- Camp Squanto Authorization to Administer Medication and Allergy Form (must be completed even if scout does not take medication or has no allergies)
- BSA Medical Form– This requires a signature from the pediatrician’s office and that signature must be dated within 12 months of camp. If you prefer to complete it as a fillable PDF form and print it, the form can be found at: http://www.scouting.org/filestore/HealthSafety/pdf/680-001_ABC.pdf
All parents are recommended to attend one of the parent information meetings scheduled for 04/26 and 05/10 during the scheduled Troop meetings. At these meetings you will be able to obtain all of the required forms, receive advice pertaining to merit badge selections for your scout, ask questions / receive information regarding health / medication related issues and have all of your questions answered. If you can’t make any of the scheduled meetings or would like to get a head start on the forms, you may send an email request to receive the forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. The forms will be emailed to you.
- Important Summer Camp Dates:
- 5/10 – Registration form and $190.00 deposit/initial installment of camp fee is due to secure spot in camp. Any registrations received after 5/10 will be assessed a $20.00 late fee (Camp Squanto Policy).
- 5/31 – All required forms must be submitted.
- 5/31 – Final fee (remainder after deposit) is due, $190.00 for one scout and $110.00 for 2nd Scout (Brother Discount), if applicable.
As a reminder all activity sign-ups are now online, signed release forms and payment will still need to be handed in at the troop meetings or given to Mr. Klawson when required. To Access all Troop 29 Current Sign Ups list and Information: All Troop Sign ups
Please provide updates to Amy Pepin, email@example.com, before 9am on Monday to be included in that week’s Troop News.