- This month we will working on cooking which is required for most rank advancement.
- If you are interested in a Troop Leadership position for next year, please speak with Mr. McGuire. Troop elections will be May 17.
- Departure will be from the Franklin VFW Hall at 5:30pm Friday April 28th. Scouts should arrive at 5:00pm to the VFW hall to help prepare the Troop and their Patrols for departure. On Saturday the troop will hike on TBD trail and will return to the base camp for the night. On Sunday morning we will then return to the VFW Hall at approximately 10am.
- Deadline to sign up – 4/14.
- Cost $20. due 4/26.
- All Families are encouraged to attend to honor 3 of our scouts who have reached Eagle Rank – Kinley Baird, Patrick Cronin and Matthew Pepin.
- At the 4/26 Troop meeting, small speaking roles for the ECOH ceremony will be assigned to several scouts, so be sure your scout knows if he will be able to attend the ceremony.
- All scouts attending the ECOH should be dropped off at 3:00pm.
- For the ECOH reception, families whose last name begins with:
- A – M should bring a dessert
- N – W can bring small water or juice containers.
- The troop is looking for 2 or 3 new parents to take on the role of Eagle COH coordinators for future Eagle Courts of Honor; please talk with Anna dos Santos to find out more.
- Rock Climbing & Repelling
- Shooting Range with archery, BB range, and tomahawks
- STEM Experiments
- Indoor swimming – Please note the scouts will need to pass a swim check before going into the deep end.
- Outdoor cooking (how does brownies, cornbread, stew, or strawberry shortcake sound?)
- Hands on scout skills – starting fires without matches, rope making, build a tripod and many more
May 24 – Troop Meeting – 7pm-8:30pm. Charter School
We want your feedback!
If you or your son hasn’t completed the survey yet, please do so this week. Your troop leadership would like to hear from both parents and scouts on our troop’s program which will help the leadership (both the PLC and the Troop Committee) begin planning for the next troop year. A short survey has been created that will take less than 5 minutes to complete. All responses are anonymous.
Summer Camp! Begin thinking and planning for summer camp. We will be at Squanto July 16th – 22nd. More details will coming end of March/early April. Mark you calendars now!
Thank you!! Big thank you to the 7 scouts that helped at United Methodist Church. Many hands made for quick work and we were able to have it all done in an hour. The church was thrilled and impressed to see the scouts come and work hard!
Personal Fitness Merit Badge: Contact Jean Roche, a Personal Fitness merit badge counselor , if you would like to work on this badge. A minimum 3 month commitment is needed for this badge. You can see what it entails by printing out a Personal Fitness workbook from “meritbadge.org”, click on the highlighted hyperlink in the green banner section for Merit Badges, then choose “Personal fitness” , and at the very, very top, click on the PDF to get to the 14 page document. Please print pages 1-13. If you are in progress and need to finish up, please contact Jean as soon as possible. Any Questions, please contact Jean at email@example.com.
Adults are you interested in CPR training/recertification? We have an opportunity to have someone come and conduct a training. Please let Deb Ryan know if you are interested. Date, time and place will be TBD once we understand interest and availability.
As a reminder all activity sign-ups are now online, signed release forms and payment will still need to be handed in at the troop meetings or given to Mr. Klawson when required. To Access all Troop 29 Current Sign Ups list and Information: All Troop Sign ups
Please provide updates to Amy Pepin, firstname.lastname@example.org, before 9am on Monday to be included in that week’s Troop News.