- Pennies Needed! Our final engineering focus will be electrical engineering and we need your help. Each scout should bring in 5 pennies post 1982 year for an experiment. All other supplies will be provided.
- Parent Info Session! All parents are encouraged to stay for Wednesday’s meeting for a discussion about what is expected of the scouts in Boy Scouts and how things operate, e.g., the patrol method. Whether you are new to Boy Scouts or have some experience, this will be a great opportunity to learn.
Mar 30 – Life to Eagle Seminar – 7 – 9pm there will be a Life to Eagle seminar for Life Scouts and parents with information for all life scouts (and those that mentor) to learn about the process of Eagle projects and Eagle paperwork – be prepared to take notes. This informative and helpful meeting typically only takes place annually. Location of the meeting is Foxboro Regional Charger School 131 Central St. Foxboro MA 02035. Please RSVP to Carol Thomas at email@example.com.
We want your feedback!
Your troop leadership would like to hear from both parents and scouts on our troop’s program which will help the leadership (both the PLC and the Troop Committee) begin planning for the next troop year. A short survey has been created that will take less than 5 minutes to complete. Please complete the survey before 3/31. All responses are anonymous.
- Rock Climbing & Repelling
- Shooting Range with archery, BB range, and tomahawks
- STEM Experiments
- Indoor swimming – Please note the scouts will need to pass a swim check before going into the deep end.
- Outdoor cooking (how does brownies, cornbread, stew, or strawberry shortcake sound?)
- Hands on scout skills – starting fires without matches, rope making, build a tripod and many more
Summer Camp! Begin thinking and planning for summer camp. We will be at Squanto July 16th – 22nd. More details will coming end of March/early April. Mark you calendars now!
Adults are you interested in CPR training/recertification? We have an opportunity to have someone come and conduct a training. Please let Deb Ryan know if you are interested. Date, time and place will be TBD once we understand interest and availability.
As a reminder all activity sign-ups are now online, signed release forms and payment will still need to be handed in at the troop meetings or given to Mr. Klawson when required. To Access all Troop 29 Current Sign Ups list and Information: All Troop Sign ups
Please provide updates to Amy Pepin, firstname.lastname@example.org, before 9am on Monday to be included in that week’s Troop News.