Feb 8 – Troop Meeting – 7pm-8:30pm. Charter School – Astronomy Program
- Please bring in all the food collected to the troop meeting this week. We will take a troop picture with hopes to include into local news papers.
- We will be having Webelos visiting the troop this Wed from Pack 92. Take a moment to welcome the scouts and their families as they participate in the meeting.
- We are excited to welcome Mr. Latshaw, a good friend of Troop 29, to join us this week to help us learn more about astronomy.
- Our Sr. Patrol Leader, Josh Lauterbach, will be stepping down from his position. We thank Josh for his time and leadership to the Troop over the past several months. The Troop will need to hold an election to fill this important leadership role. If you are interested in being the Troop’s Sr. Patrol Leader beginning now through the summer, please speak to Mr. McGuire or an Assistant Scout Master. The Troop Election will be held during the Feb 15 Troop meeting.
Feb 10 – 12 – February Troop Outing – Down Hill Skiing at Cranmore Mountain, North Conway NH
This month the troop will be skiing and riding at Cranmore in North Conway NH.
Departure will be from Franklin Friday afternoon February 10th. Car pools will be arranged in advance. The Troop will be sleeping inside the Cranmore base lodge Friday and Saturday night. Pack for indoor sleeping on the floor.
- Adults: $110 with a 1 day lift ticket
- Teen: 13-18: $100 with a 1 day lift ticket
- Jr 6-12: $95 with a 1 day lift ticket
- 2 Nights sleeping accommodations at the ski base lodge. Includes breakfast Saturday, pizza Saturday night and a $15 food voucher for either lunch Saturday or breakfast Sunday morning. Plan on $15 for one meal on your own (either lunch or Sunday am breakfast).
- We usually leave earlier Friday night, since it is a long ride up. Arrival back on Sunday may be a little later than 10 am.
- Additional Options:
- Saturday night tubing $29
- Ski /Board rental & helmet: Adult $38, Scouts $33
- Lesson$32, Lesson & Rentals $85
Feb 12 – United Methodist Scout Sunday: United Methodist across the country recognize scouts on 2/12. Franklin United Methodist Church is our troop’s sponsor has invited our scouts and their families to join them for worship at 10am. Please plan on attending (in Class A) to show their church how much we appreciate their support and sponsorship of our troop.
Feb 15 – Troop Meeting – 7pm-8:30pm. Charter School – SWAT Activity.. more details soon about this exciting program planned!
- Troop Election will be held for Sr. Patrol Leader.
Feb 22 – No Troop Meeting
Mar 1 – Patrol Leaders’ Council (PLC) at 6:30 pm. Committee Meeting at 7:3o pm. *** The PLC and Committee will meet at the Ryan’s House – 4 Symmes Road as the school is not available this evening.***
- All parents are invited and encouraged to attend the Committee mMeting to help plan and support the Troop.
March 4, 11, 25 – Merit Badge University at Southeastern Regional Vocational Technical High School, Easton, MA
- Cost $17 per scout
- If you have any questions or need a form, please contact Anna at email@example.com.
The Troop will have the run of the YMCA on Saturday evening March 18th with access to the pool, pizza for dinner, basketball, dodge ball, games and a movie.
Bring sleeping bag, sleeping pad, pillow, swimsuit, towel, plastic bag for wet items, change of clothes, and wash up gear.
Drop off will be at the YMCA on Saturday at 6pm with pick up Sunday at 7am.
Scouts are reminded that cell phones or other electronic devices are not allowed during Troop activities.
Cost will be $25 per scout. For any questions about this activity
This week our treasurer, Iain Baird, will be providing for each scout a “Troop Invoice” that will contain rechartering fees, fund raiser incentive credits and offsets. If you are able, for those scouts that have an amount due to the troop, please provide payment to Deb Ryan by January 25th. If this timing is difficult, just let Deb know.
New Year, New Look, New Class B!
We are introducing a new look for Troop 29 as we enter into the new year! The troop will support the cost for 1 Class B and Hat for the scouts and registered adult leadership
. Any additional Class B and hats will cost families $10 each. If the families can identify the sizes and amounts by Jan 18th
we can put in the order before the end of the month. Sign Up Here
As a reminder all activity sign-ups are now online, signed release forms and payment will still need to be handed in at the troop meetings or given to Mr. Klawson when required. To Access all Troop 29 Current Sign Ups list and Information: All Troop Sign ups
Please provide updates to Amy Pepin, firstname.lastname@example.org, before 9am on Monday to be included in that week’s Troop News.