Jan 18 – Troop Meeting – 7pm-8:30pm. Charter School – Troop COH and Pizza Party and Pie in the Face!
- At 7:40pm there will be the Troop COH recognizing the advancements and achievements of the scouts.
- All family members are welcome.
- The troop will also host a pizza party as a thank you for all of the hard work the scouts did for our successful popcorn fundraiser.
- Scouts who achieved high popcorn sales will have an opportunity to throw a pie at one of our leaders…. an event not to be missed!!
- Class B sign up due! Sign Up Here
- Sign up deadline and fee’s due for January Troop Outing
- Did you complete the Committee Training Challenge ?
- Departure will be from the Franklin VFW Hall at 5:30pm Friday January 20th. Scouts should arrive at 5:00pm to the VFW hall to help prepare the Troop and their Patrols for departure. Camp Friday night will be at Camp Split Rock in Ashburnham, MA. On Saturday the troop will cross country ski and snowshoe at Windblown in New Ipswich, NH then return to camp.
- On Sunday morning we will return to the VFW Hall at approximately 10am.
- In addition to the normal troop camping pack list for cold weather (Troop 29 camping checklist), scouts should be prepared for outdoor physical activity in cold weather, i.e. dress in layers with a synthetic base layer.
- Cost $40 – Due 1/18
- Sign up deadline 1/17.
- Re-charting fees due (see below for more information)
- All scouts will be participating in Anti Bullying program and activities which is an essential component for rank advancement.
- Scouting for Food flyers will be distributed. Flyers should be distributed over weekend and food should be picked up on 2/4. Items should then be brought to the Troop Meeting on 2/8. Details will be discussed during the Troop Meeting.
- Includes breakfast, lunch and dinner. If the troop overall spends over $500 Panera will provide 20% of proceeds!
- Spread the word to friends and family and provide this flyer so that we can get credit for any traffic that comes in behalf of Troop 29.
- Please note that no rapid pick up orders count.
- Return Scouting for Food bags.
- Adults: $110 with a 1 day lift ticket
- Teen: 13-18: $100 with a 1 day lift ticket
- Jr 6-12: $95 with a 1 day lift ticket
- 2 Nights sleeping accommodations at the ski base lodge. Includes breakfast Saturday, pizza Saturday night and a $15 food voucher for either lunch Saturday or breakfast Sunday morning. Plan on $15 for one meal on your own (either lunch or Sunday am breakfast).
- We usually leave earlier Friday night, since it is a long ride up. Arrival back on Sunday may be a little later than 10 am.
- Additional Options:
- Saturday night tubing $29
- Ski /Board rental & helmet: Adult $38, Scouts $33
- Lesson$32, Lesson & Rentals $85
- Cost $17 per scout
- If you have any questions or need a form, please contact Anna at email@example.com.
Troop Committee Member Training Challenge
The Troop Committee has been challenged to take the Troop Committee Challenge Online Training before 1/18. Training can be found on my scouting in the Training Center. If the entire committee completes this 20 minute training, Deb has agreed to take another pie in the face. … Come on!!! Who doesn’t want to throw another pie at our lovely Committee Chairperson?!? I already did mine 🙂
Maine High Adventure Summer 2017 – Pick the week(s) you are available now!
If the Troop has enough interest Maine High Adventure will be available for all older scouts (Minimum age: 13 before Sept. 1, 2017) for the Summer of 2017. Final cost is TBD depending upon the number of sign-ups and adventure planned, estimated cost for a week plus 2 travel days is $900 – $1400. See this fact sheet for details.
Sign-up for ALL weeks you are able to participate next summer. The dates shown are the Saturday that starts each possible adventure week.
As a reminder all activity sign-ups are now online, signed release forms and payment will still need to be handed in at the troop meetings or given to Mr. Klawson when required. To Access all Troop 29 Current Sign Ups list and Information: All Troop Sign ups
Please provide updates to Amy Pepin, firstname.lastname@example.org, before 9am on Monday to be included in that week’s Troop News.