Nov 16 – Troop Meeting – 7pm-8:30pm. Charter School
- All forms and payments due for the Nov. Troop Outing.
- If you have any blue water jugs, please bring them to the meeting.
November 18-20– Troop Outing – Archery and Riflery
- This month the troop will be performing archery and riflery on its monthly outing. The Troop will utilize the Rifle and Archery ranges at Camp Squanto in Plymouth.
- Work on Rifle Shooting and Archery Merit Badge – After consulting with the Scoutmaster (Mr. McGuire), obtaining a blue card and talking with a merit badge counselor, this will be an opportunity for scouts to work on the Rifle Shooting Merit Badge or Archery Merit Badge.
- Cost of this activity will be $20.
- All forms and payment are due by November 16th
Nov 23 – NO Troop Meeting (Thanksgiving Break)
Nov 30 – Troop Meeting – 7pm-8:30pm. Charter School
Dec 7 – Patrol Leaders’ Council (PLC) at 6:30 pm. Committee Meeting at 7:3o pm.
December 9-11– Troop Outing – Back Packing Sign Up Now
- This month the troop will be Back Packing as its monthly outing. Details coming soon.
Friends of Franklin Thanksgiving Food Deliveries
If you are interested in helping the Friends of Franklin deliver Thanksgiving meals, please contact Chris Baryluk at 617-828-6265 or email@example.com.
Deliveries will be on Sunday November 20th , starting at 10 AM, at 18 Mount Street (at the large red barn).
Please access Mount St. from Upper Union St. (not Summer St.) It’s a narrow road so this is important to help us queue cars, pack quickly and get you on your way. Your GPS may direct you to use Summer St. Please follow the directions below:
- Take Upper Union St. (off King St)
- Go past the Industrial Park (bearing left as you approach the Industrial Park entrance.
- Go about 1.1 miles and take a left onto Mount St.
- Continue .3 miles. You will come to a red barn on your right. You will be directed from there.
- Summer St. is the next left taking you back into town.
Maine High Adventure Summer 2017
Are you interested in going on a High Adventure Experience? Opportunities abound throughout northern Maine for extended backcountry travel! Canoeing is by far the most popular mode of travel for Maine High Adventure crews. Paddling is available on lakes, ponds, easy to intermediate streams and rivers, and challenging whitewater. A crew can plan a laid-back relaxing trip, a strenuous demanding trip, or anything in between.
Read more information about the Maine High Adventure. This trip requires that scouts commit by Dec/Jan. ½ Payment is due on February 1. Final ½ is due May 1. Minimum age: must be 13 before Sept 1, 2017. MHA does not have “weeks” like Squanto. Trips are fully up to scouts for starting date (any day of the week) and length of trip. MHA only runs crews from mid-June to mid-August. Trips are typically 8-11 days, with 6 days being the minimum. And you must add 2 days (1+1) of travel time from/to Franklin.
If you are interested in the Maine Adventure, please speak with Mr. McGuire and indicate your preferred week.
Please contact Mr. McGuire as your first step when you want to start a Merit Badge. He will guide you to a MB Councilor(s) and advise you if the desired badge has any prerequisites.
Here is a quick guide on How To Use A Blue Card To Earn A Merit Badge.
As a reminder all activity sign-ups are now online, signed release forms and payment will still need to be handed in at the troop meetings or given to Mr. Klawson when required. To Access all Troop 29 Current Sign Ups list and Information: All Troop Sign Ups
Please provide updates to Amy Pepin, firstname.lastname@example.org, before 9am on Monday to be included in that week’s Troop News.