Nov 9 – Troop Meeting – 7pm-8:30pm. Charter School
- Parent Information Meeting – If you are interesting in learning more about Main High Adventure (see below), please join us in the cafeteria at 7pm.
- Any parents staying during the troop meetings should use the cafeteria for conversations and meetings so that we do not create a higher noise level or cause interruptions during the troop meetings.
Nov 10 – Papa Gino’s Dining Fundraiser Bring this flyer
- Dinning or take out, pizza is a favorite and we hope that each of our troop families will take advantage of our dinning fundraiser at Papa Gino’s in the Stop & Shop Plaza. This fundraiser is fully dependent on families coming out to support the troop by using the attached flyer.
- Thank you for your support in September with our dinning fundraiser. The troop is receiving about $200 from Five Guys and Froyo.
- The dinning fundraisers are fully scout lead initiatives in our troop.
Nov 11 – Community Service Opportunity at Veterans Appreciation Ceremony. (see below)
Nov 12 – Eagle Court of Honor, Franklin Methodist Church 84 West Central St. 4pm
- All Families are encouraged to attend to honor 4 of our scouts who have reached Eagle Rank – Liam McGuire, Karlan DeWitt, David Roche and Brendan Ryan.
- At the 11/09 Troop meeting, small speaking roles for the ECOH ceremony will be assigned to several scouts, so be sure your scout knows if he will be able to attend the ceremony.
- All scouts attending the ECOH should be dropped off at 3:00pm.
- For the ECOH reception, families whose last name begins with:
- A – M should bring a dessert
- N – W can bring small water or juice containers.
- The troop is looking for 2 or 3 new parents to take on the role of Eagle COH coordinators for future Eagle Courts of Honor; please talk with Anna dos Santos to find out more.
Nov 16 – Troop Meeting – 7pm-8:30pm. Charter School
November 18-20– Troop Outing – Archery and Riflery Sign Up Now
- This month the troop will be performing archery and riflery on its monthly outing. The Troop will utilize the Rifle and Archery ranges at Camp Squanto in Plymouth.
- Work on Rifle Shooting and Archery Merit Badge – After consulting with the Scoutmaster (Mr. McGuire), obtaining a blue card and talking with a merit badge counselor, this will be an opportunity for scouts to work on the Rifle Shooting Merit Badge or Archery Merit Badge.
- Cost of this activity will be $20.
- Sign-up deadline for this trip is November 11th.
- All forms and payment are due by November 16th
Nov 23 – NO Troop Meeting (Thanksgiving Break)
Nov 30 – Troop Meeting – 7pm-8:30pm. Charter School
December 9-11– Troop Outing – Back Packing Sign Up Now
- This month the troop will be Back Packing as its monthly outing. Details coming soon.
A Big Shout Out to T29!
Our popcorn fundraiser exceeded our goals and a huge thank you goes out to each scout that worked very hard in this fundraiser. We sold over $12,000 in popcorn and received over $2,000 in donations giving the troop a higher net dollar contribution for the troop than we had projected. Thank you for your time and high level energy selling scouting. It has been exciting to see how our community responded to each of you to support you and the scouting program.
Community Service Opportunity
The Franklin Veterans agent, Dale Kurtz, is seeing Boy Scout volunteers to assist at a Veterans Appreciation Ceremony. This year’s program will honor all veterans; special recognition will be given to those who served in Vietnam. Scouts will perform as ushers and assist the veterans, families and others in attendance to their seats. Other minor assistance may be asked of the scouts during and after the ceremony.
- When: Friday November 11, 2016
- Where: Franklin Lodge of Elks 1077 Pond Street Franklin
- Time: Scouts requested to arrive at 10:30 am. Program starts at 11:00 am and will conclude at 1pm.
Any Scout who is interested in volunteering and securing community service hours, should contact Mr. Lynch at 508-326-9823.
Maine High Adventure Summer 2017
Are you interested in going on a High Adventure Experience? Opportunities abound throughout northern Maine for extended backcountry travel! Canoeing is by far the most popular mode of travel for Maine High Adventure crews. Paddling is available on lakes, ponds, easy to intermediate streams and rivers, and challenging whitewater. A crew can plan a laid-back relaxing trip, a strenuous demanding trip, or anything in between.
Read more information about the Maine High Adventure. This trip requires that scouts commit by Dec/Jan. ½ Payment is due on February 1. Final ½ is due May 1. Minimum age: must be 13 before Sept 1, 2017. MHA does not have “weeks” like Squanto. Trips are fully up to scouts for starting date (any day of the week) and length of trip. MHA only runs crews from mid-June to mid-August. Trips are typically 8-11 days, with 6 days being the minimum. And you must add 2 days (1+1) of travel time from/to Franklin.
If you are interested in the Maine Adventure, please speak with Mr. McGuire and indicate your preferred week.
Merit Badge Blue Card Reminder:
Please contact Mr. McGuire as your first step when you want to start a Merit Badge. He will guide you to a MB Councilor(s) and advise you if the desired badge has any prerequisites.
Here is a quick guide on How To Use A Blue Card To Earn A Merit Badge.
As a reminder all activity sign-ups are now online, signed release forms and payment will still need to be handed in at the troop meetings or given to Mr. Klawson when required. To Access all Troop 29 Current Sign Ups list and Information: All Troop Sign Ups
Please provide updates to Amy Pepin, email@example.com, before 9am on Monday to be included in that week’s Troop News.