Oct 12 – NO Troop Meeting (Yom Kippur)
Oct 19 – Troop Meeting – 7pm-8:30pm. Charter School – with Webelos Open House
Oct 26 – Troop Meeting – 7pm-8:30pm. Charter School
October 28-30 – Troop Outing – Lashing at Camp Sayre Sign Up Now
- This month the troop invites all Webelos interested in Troop 29 and Boy Scouting to attend our monthly outing.
- The Troop will be performing lashing activities (use of ropes to build structures) and camping at New England Base Camp (Camp Sayre).
- Departure will be from the Franklin VFW Hall at 5:30pm Friday October 28th. Scouts should arrive at 5:00pm to the VFW hall to help prepare the Troop and their Patrols for departure. Troop returns to Franklin Sunday morning to the VFW Hall at approximately 10am.
- Cost of this activity will be $20.
Popcorn Sales Update:
Don’t forget to ask your family and friends to help support scouting. There are many ways you can sell popcorn and increase your personal sales to help the troop reach the sales goal of $15,000 and your scout goal of $450.
Send e-mails for online sales – popcorn will be shipped directly to your customers. Each scout has been provide a unique code that will enable any online sales be credited directly to you as well as the troop.
Visit your neighborhood and take orders with the sales sheet provided. There are more products available and a favorite that many are looking for is popcorn with chocolate! All product will be available early December, in time for the holidays. All orders need to be handed into Mr. Lewis no later than Nov. 2nd.
Visit neighborhoods with smaller show and sells – bring a wagon and some popcorn (or use a trunk of a car) and go house to house. To get popcorn, just contact Mr. Lewis at 617-697-0827.
There are still time slots open for Show and Sells and scouts are credited for their time based the average of all show and sells for the incentives. Sign up Now!
Maine High Adventure Summer 2017
Are you interested in going on a High Adventure Experience? Opportunities abound throughout northern Maine for extended backcountry travel! Canoeing is by far the most popular mode of travel for Maine High Adventure crews. Paddling is available on lakes, ponds, easy to intermediate streams and rivers, and challenging whitewater. A crew can plan a laid-back relaxing trip, a strenuous demanding trip, or anything in between.
Read more information about the Maine High Adventure. This trip requires that scouts commit by Dec/Jan. ½ Payment is due on February 1. Final ½ is due May 1. Minimum age: must be 13 before Sept 1, 2016. MHA does not have “weeks” like Squanto. Trips are fully up to scouts for starting date (any day of the week) and length of trip. MHA only runs crews from mid-June to mid-August. Trips are typically 8-11 days, with 6 days being the minimum. And you must add 2 days (1+1) of travel time from/to Franklin.
If you are interested in the Maine Adventure, please speak with Mr. McGuire and indicate your preferred week.
Looking Ahead to November and December:
Nov 2 – Patrol Leaders’ Council (PLC) at 6:30 pm. Committee Meeting at 7:3o pm.
Nov 9 – Troop Meeting – 7pm-8:30pm. Charter School
Nov 10 – Papa Gino’s Dining Fundraiser
Nov 12 – Eagle Court of Honor, Franklin Methodist Church, 4pm
- All Families are encouraged to attend to honor 4 of our scouts who have reached Eagle Rank – Liam McGuire, Karlan DeWitt, David Roche and Brendan Ryan. More details to come.
Nov 16 – Troop Meeting – 7pm-8:30pm. Charter School
November 18-20– Troop Outing – Archery and Riflery Sign Up Now
- This month the troop will be performing archery and riflery on its monthly outing. The Troop will utilize the Rifle and Archery ranges at Camp Squanto in Plymouth.
- Work on Rifle Shooting and Archery Merit Badge – After consulting with the Scoutmaster (Mr. McGuire), obtaining a blue card and talking with a merit badge counselor, this will be an opportunity for scouts to work on the Rifle Shooting Merit Badge or Archery Merit Badge.
- Cost of this activity will be $20 + an additional TBD fee for supplies.
Nov 23 – NO Troop Meeting (Thanksgiving Break)
Nov 30 – Troop Meeting – 7pm-8:30pm. Charter School
December 9-11– Troop Outing – Back Packing Sign Up Now
- This month the troop will be Back Packing as its monthly outing. Details coming soon.
Updated BSA Health Forms For New Scout Year
- New BSA part A/B health forms are being collected at the start of the new scout year so that all adults and scouts have a signature date of September 2016 for ease of management.
- Part A/B only require parent signature. If you completed the forms online this past year, you can print off what you completed and sign the form to bring it current.
- If you or your scout will be attending summer camp, later in the spring you can add part C that also requires doctor’s signature.
- Please provide updated health forms to Gregg Klawson.
- BSA Health Form: http://www.scouting.org/filestore/HealthSafety/pdf/680-001_ABC.pdf
As a reminder all activity sign-ups are now online, signed release forms and payment will still need to be handed in at the troop meetings or given to Mr. Klawson when required. To Access all Troop 29 Current Sign Ups list and Information: All Troop Sign Ups
Please provide updates to Amy Pepin, email@example.com, before 9am on Monday to be included in that week’s Troop News.