Sept 28 – Troop Meeting and COH 7pm – 8:30pm. Charter School
- The Troop’s COH will take place 8 – 8:30pm and all Troop 29 families are encouraged to attend. Reception immediately following for the scouts and their families.
- Troop families are asked to help with bring items to celebrate the achievements our scouts have made over the summer.
- Families with last name from A-L please bring beverages (small bottles of water, juice, soda, etc)
- Families with last name from M-Z please bring a dessert
- Please bring nut free items to support those with allergies.
Sept 29 – This Thursday – Dining Fundraiser at Five Guys & Froyo in Franklin
- We have made your dinner plans easy this week – just head over to Five Guys and Froyo for dessert. No cooking or cleaning AND the troop receives 15% of the proceeds! Spread the word to your family and friends. Only Froyo will you need to present the flyer for the troop to benefit.
- Eat dinner at Five Guys any time between 5pm – 10pm. No flyer needed.
- Save room for dessert and take a short walk to Froyo from 3 – 9pm. They will donate 15% with this flyer Froyo Flyer
Neighborhood, Family/Friends Popcorn Sales
- Send e-mails for online sales – popcorn will be shipped directly to your customers. Each scout has been provide a unique code that will enable any online sales be credited directly to you as well as the troop.
- Visit your neighborhood and take orders with the sales sheet provided. There are more products available and a favorite that many are looking for is popcorn with chocolate! All product will be available early December, in time for the holidays. All orders need to be handed into Mr. Lewis no later than Nov. 2nd.
- Visit neighborhoods with smaller show and sells – bring a wagon and some popcorn (or use a trunk of a car) and go house to house. To get popcorn, just contact Mr. Lewis at 617-697-0827.
Looking Ahead to October and November:
Oct 1- Eagle Project: Older Scouts are needed to help Spencer Jolie’s Eagle Scout project this weekend on Saturday Oct 1, from 10am -12pm, at the Snet Trail Head Parking Lot off Grove Street. We will be constructing a picnic area and stairs. Dress appropriately and bring gloves, shovel and metal rack if possible. Hours will count for community service hours for any badges or school requirements. Please speak with Spencer at the Troop meeting Wednesday if you are available.
Oct 5 – Patrol Leaders’ Council (PLC) at 6:30 pm. Committee Meeting at 7:3o pm.
Oct 12 – NO Troop Meeting (Yom Kippur)
Oct 19 – Troop Meeting – 7pm-8:30pm. Charter School – with Webelos Open House
October 28-30 – Troop Outing – Lashing at Camp Sayre Sign Up Now
- This month the troop invites all Webelos interested in Troop 29 and Boy Scouting to attend our monthly outing.
- The Troop will be performing lashing activities (use of ropes to build structures) and camping at New England Base Camp (Camp Sayre).
- Departure will be from the Franklin VFW Hall at 5:30pm Friday October 28th. Scouts should arrive at 5:00pm to the VFW hall to help prepare the Troop and their Patrols for departure. Troop returns to Franklin Sunday morning to the VFW Hall at approximately 10am.
Oct 26 – Troop Meeting – 7pm-8:30pm. Charter School
November 18-20– Troop Outing – Archery Sign Up Now
- This month the troop will be performing archery as its monthly outing. Details coming soon.
Updated Troop Calendar
- The Troop Calendar has been updated. Specifically, the February trip has been rescheduled to take place earlier in February. All of the fundraiser dinning events are noted and a spring carwash has been added in May.
- Please update your calendars accordingly. The Troop’s online calendar will be updated soon.
- Updated Troop Calendar 9-8-16
Updated BSA Health Forms For New Scout Year
- New BSA part A/B health forms are being collected at the start of the new scout year so that all adults and scouts have a signature date of September 2016 for ease of management.
- Part A/B only require parent signature. If you completed the forms online this past year, you can print off what you completed and sign the form to bring it current.
- If you or your scout will be attending summer camp, later in the spring you can add part C that also requires doctor’s signature.
- Please provide updated health forms to Gregg Klawson.
- BSA Health Form: http://www.scouting.org/filestore/HealthSafety/pdf/680-001_ABC.pdf
As a reminder all activity sign-ups are now online, signed release forms and payment will still need to be handed in at the troop meetings or given to Mr. Klawson when required. To Access all Troop 29 Current Sign Ups list and Information: All Troop Sign Ups
Please provide updates to Amy Pepin, firstname.lastname@example.org, before 9am on Monday to be included in that week’s Troop News.