Sept 21 – Troop Meeting – 7pm-8:30pm. Charter School
- This is the last day to turn in any completed Merit Badge Blue cards or have BORs for Rank Advancement to be presented at our COH next week.
- If you have any blue water jugs, please clean them and bring them to the Wednesday troop meeting they are needed for the upcoming trip. Please refer to How to Clean Water Jugs for the proper way to clean them.
- All forms and Payment due for Sept Troop Outing.
Sept 23-25 – Troop Outing – Biking on Cape Cod – Forms and Payment due 9/21.
- Base camp Friday night will be at Nickerson State Park in Brewster MA and on Saturday the troop will bike on Cape Cod (route(s) TBD).
- We will return to base camp later Saturday and then return to Franklin Sunday morning to the VFW Hall at approximately 10am.
- Cost $20
Sept 28 – Troop Meeting and COH 7pm – 8:30pm. Charter School
- The Troop’s COH will take place 8 – 8:30pm and all Troop 29 families are encouraged to attend. Reception immediately following for the scouts and their families.
- Troop families are asked to help with bring items to celebrate the achievements our scouts have made over the summer.
- Families with last name from A-L please bring beverages (small bottles of water, juice, soda, etc)
- Families with last name from M-Z please bring a dessert
- Please bring nut free items to support those with allergies.
Sept 29 – Dining Fundraiser at Five Guys and Froyo in Franklin
- Eat dinner at Five Guys any time between 5pm – 10pm and they will generously donate 15% of all sale proceeds that evening to Troop 29! No flyer needed.
- Save room for dessert and take a short walk to Froyo from 3 – 9pm. They will donate 15% with this flyer Froyo Flyer
- Invite family and friends to our dining fundraiser and stay tuned in a couple of months for our next dining choice.
Incredible 1st Popcorn Show and Sell!
- The troop had a fantastic 1st Show and Sell on Sunday receiving over $1200 in sales and donations. This is an awesome start in our fundraising effort!
- We have times open for this Friday, Saturday and Sunday and we encourage any scout that is not attending the bike trip to check your schedule and sign up at one of our Show and Sells. Sign up Now!
- Friday is at BassPro from 5 – 8pm, a very scout friendly location. If we don’t have at least one scout and an adult sign up by Wed, we will be notifying BassPro we will not be selling at their location this week.
- Refer to the Special Troop News for more information on Preparing for Show and Sells.
Updated Troop Calendar
- The Troop Calendar has been updated. Specifically, the February trip has been rescheduled to take place earlier in February. All of the fundraiser dinning events are noted and a spring carwash has been added in May.
- Please update your calendars accordingly. The Troop’s online calendar will be updated soon.
- Updated Troop Calendar 9-8-16
Updated BSA Health Forms For New Scout Year
- New BSA part A/B health forms are being collected at the start of the new scout year so that all adults and scouts have a signature date of September 2016 for ease of management.
- Part A/B only require parent signature. If you completed the forms online this past year, you can print off what you completed and sign the form to bring it current.
- If you or your scout will be attending summer camp, later in the spring you can add part C that also requires doctor’s signature.
- Please provide updated health forms to Gregg Klawson.
- BSA Health Form: http://www.scouting.org/filestore/HealthSafety/pdf/680-001_ABC.pdf
- All registered adults, MB councilors, parents helping with fundraisers or attending scout events – this applies to you. Our Troop encourages all adults to stay current with their YPT training.
- For registered adults, Old Colony Council is requiring renewal of YPT annually. Please have yours completed by 12/1 as we prepare for our rechartering.
- For all other adults, the BSA requirement to stay current by taking the online training every 2 years. You can go to my.scouting.org to see your specific status.
- YPT: my.scouting.org
Looking Ahead to October and November:
Oct 5 – Patrol Leaders’ Council (PLC) at 6:30 pm. Committee Meeting at 7:3o pm.
Oct 12 – NO Troop Meeting (Yom Kippur)
Oct 19 – Troop Meeting – 7pm-8:30pm. Charter School – with Webelos Open House
October 28-30 – Troop Outing – Lashing at Camp Sayre Sign Up Now
- This month the troop invites all Webelos interested in Troop 29 and Boy Scouting to attend our monthly outing.
- The Troop will be performing lashing activities (use of ropes to build structures) and camping at New England Base Camp (Camp Sayre).
- Departure will be from the Franklin VFW Hall at 5:30pm Friday October 28th. Scouts should arrive at 5:00pm to the VFW hall to help prepare the Troop and their Patrols for departure. Troop returns to Franklin Sunday morning to the VFW Hall at approximately 10am.
Oct 26 – Troop Meeting – 7pm-8:30pm. Charter School
November 18-20– Troop Outing – Archery Sign Up Now
- This month the troop will be performing archery as its monthly outing. Details coming soon.
As a reminder all activity sign-ups are now online, signed release forms and payment will still need to be handed in at the troop meetings or given to Mr. Klawson when required. To Access all Troop 29 Current Sign Ups list and Information: All Troop Sign Ups
Please provide updates to Amy Pepin, firstname.lastname@example.org, before 9am on Monday to be included in that week’s Troop News.