Sept 14 – Troop Meeting – 7pm-8:30pm. – ****Special Outdoor Meeting***
- Meet at the picnic tables at the front entrance of the Charter School promptly at 7pm.
- We will walk as a group over to the Town Common.
- Bring headlamps or flashlights and a light jacket if needed.
- A Troop News notification will be sent out Wed am if the forecast causes us to cancel.
Sept 21 – Troop Meeting – 7pm-8:30pm. Charter School
Sept 23-25 – Troop Outing – Biking on Cape Cod – Sign up Now
- Base camp Friday night will be at Nickerson State Park in Brewster MA and on Saturday the troop will bike on Cape Cod (route(s) TBD).
- We will return to base camp later Saturday and then return to Franklin Sunday morning to the VFW Hall at approximately 10am.
- Cost $20
Sept 28 – Troop Meeting and COH 7pm – 8:30pm. Charter School
Sept 29 – Dining Fundraiser at Five Guys and Froyo in Franklin
- Eat dinner at Five Guys any time between 5pm – 10pm and they will generously donate 15% of all sale proceeds that evening to Troop 29! No flyer needed.
- Save room for dessert and take a short walk to Froyo from 3 – 9pm. They will donate 15% with this flyer Froyo Flyer
- Invite family and friends to our dining fundraiser and stay tuned in a couple of months for our next dining choice.
* Please note: Troop Meeting have been extended to 90 minutes.
Popcorn Show and Sells – Sign up Now!
- Refer to the Special Troop News for more information on Preparing for Show and Sells.
- As of today, sign ups are now open to scouts to sign up as many as they desire as they work towards incentive prizes provided by the troop based on sales.
Updated Troop Calendar
- The Troop Calendar has been updated. Specifically, the February trip has been rescheduled to take place earlier in February. All of the fundraiser dinning events are noted and a spring carwash has been added in May.
- Please update your calendars accordingly. The Troop’s online calendar will be updated soon.
- Updated Troop Calendar 9-8-16
Updated BSA Health Forms For New Scout Year
- New BSA part A/B health forms are being collected at the start of the new scout year so that all adults and scouts have a signature date of September 2016 for ease of management.
- Part A/B only require parent signature. If you completed the forms online this past year, you can print off what you completed and sign the form to bring it current.
- If you or your scout will be attending summer camp, later in the spring you can add part C that also requires doctor’s signature.
- Please provide updated health forms to Gregg Klawson.
- BSA Health Form: http://www.scouting.org/filestore/HealthSafety/pdf/680-001_ABC.pdf
- All registered adults, MB councilors, parents helping with fundraisers or attending scout events – this applies to you. Our Troop encourages all adults to stay current with their YPT training.
- For registered adults, Old Colony Council is requiring renewal of YPT annually. Please have yours completed by 12/1 as we prepare for our rechartering.
- For all other adults, the BSA requirement to stay current by taking the online training every 2 years. You can go to my.scouting.org to see your specific status.
- YPT: my.scouting.org
Up Coming Events:
October 28-30 – Troop Outing – Lashing at Camp Sayre Sign Up Now
- This month the troop invites all Webelos interested in Troop 29 and Boy Scouting to attend our monthly outing.
- The Troop will be performing lashing activities (use of ropes to build structures) and camping at New England Base Camp (Camp Sayre).
- Departure will be from the Franklin VFW Hall at 5:30pm Friday October 28th. Scouts should arrive at 5:00pm to the VFW hall to help prepare the Troop and their Patrols for departure. Troop returns to Franklin Sunday morning to the VFW Hall at approximately 10am.
November 18-20– Troop Outing – Archery Sign Up Now
- This month the troop will be performing archery as its monthly outing. Details coming soon.
As a reminder all activity sign-ups are now online, signed release forms and payment will still need to be handed in at the troop meetings or given to Mr. Klawson when required. To Access all Troop 29 Current Sign Ups list and Information: All Troop Sign Ups
Please provide updates to Amy Pepin, email@example.com, before 9am on Monday to be included in that week’s Troop News.