Sept. 7 – Troop Meeting – 7pm -8:30pm*. Charter School Popcorn Fund Raiser Kickoff – Important information for Scouts and Parents. See more details below.
- Franklin United Methodist Church has asked our troop’s help to set up tables and chairs for their rally day.
- Set up will be from 9 – 9:45am and take down around 1pm.
- Please let Mr. McGuire know if you are able to help either shift. We are looking for 4 scouts for each the set up and take down.
Sept 11 – Eagle Scout Project – Kinley Baird is looking for assistance at the VFW for his Eagle Project. If you are available to help from 1-3pm. Weeding the front bed is needed, so please just bring gloves. If you have any questions you can contact Kinley at email@example.com.
Sept 14 – Troop Meeting – 7pm-8:30pm. – We will have a special troop meeting outdoors, weather permitting. Check Troop News for confirmation of the details.
Sept 21 – Troop Meeting – 7pm-8:30pm. Charter School
Sept 23-25 – Troop Outing – Biking on Cape Cod – Sign up Now
- Base camp Friday night will be at Nickerson State Park in Brewster MA and on Saturday the troop will bike on Cape Cod (route(s) TBD).
- We will return to base camp later Saturday and then return to Franklin Sunday morning to the VFW Hall at approximately 10am.
- Cost $20
Sept 28 – Troop Meeting and COH 7pm – 8:30pm. Charter School
Sept 29 – Dining Fundraiser at Five Guys and Froyo in Franklin
- Eat dinner at Five Guys any time between 5pm – 10pm and they will generously donate 15% of all sale proceeds that evening to Troop 29! No flyer needed.
- Save room for dessert and take a short walk to Froyo from 3 – 9pm. They will donate 15% with this flyer Froyo Flyer
- Invite family and friends to our dining fundraiser and stay tuned in a couple of months for our next dining choice.
* Please note: Troop Meeting have been extended to 90 minutes.
Popcorn Fund Raiser Kickoff – 9/7/16
- During this week’s troop meeting, both scouts and adults will receive important kick off information for our primary troop fundraiser.
- The troop goal for this fundraiser is to sell $15,000 of popcorn and 45% of the proceeds will be for the troop and 25% will go to council to support the many programs that our troop benefits directly.
- There are many show and sell opportunities the troop has created. Each scout is encouraged to sign up for 2 show and sell shifts no later than 9/11.
- On 9/12, what ever show and sells remain, it will be open to scouts to sign up as many as they desire as they work towards incentive prizes provided by the troop based on sales.
- All adults that help in the show and sell will need to have current YPT. See the YPT announcement further in this troop news.
Popcorn Show and Sells – Sign up Now!
- All registered adults, MB councilors, parents helping with fundraisers or attending scout events – this applies to you. Our Troop encourages all adults to stay current with their YPT training.
- For registered adults, Old Colony Council is requiring renewal of YPT annually. Please have yours completed by 12/1 as we prepare for our rechartering.
- For all other adults, the BSA requirement to stay current by taking the online training every 2 years. You can go to my.scouting.org to see your specific status.
- YPT: my.scouting.org
- New BSA part A/B health forms are being collected at the start of the new scout year so that all adults and scouts have a signature date of September 2016 for ease of management.
- Part A/B only require parent signature. If you completed the forms online this past year, you can print off what you completed and sign the form to bring it current.
- If you or your scout will be attending summer camp, later in the spring you can add part C that also requires doctor’s signature.
- Please provide updated health forms to Gregg Klawson.
- BSA Health Form: http://www.scouting.org/filestore/HealthSafety/pdf/680-001_ABC.pdf
Up Coming Events:
October 28-30 – Troop Outing – Lashing at Camp Sayre Sign Up Now
- This month the troop invites all Webelos interested in Troop 29 and Boy Scouting to attend our monthly outing.
- The Troop will be performing lashing activities (use of ropes to build structures) and camping at New England Base Camp (Camp Sayre).
- Departure will be from the Franklin VFW Hall at 5:30pm Friday October 28th. Scouts should arrive at 5:00pm to the VFW hall to help prepare the Troop and their Patrols for departure. Troop returns to Franklin Sunday morning to the VFW Hall at approximately 10am.
November 18-20– Troop Outing – Archery Sign Up Now
- This month the troop will be performing archery as its monthly outing. Details coming soon.
As a reminder all activity sign-ups are now online, signed release forms and payment will still need to be handed in at the troop meetings or given to Mr. Klawson when required. To Access all Troop 29 Current Sign Ups list and Information: All Troop Sign Ups
Please provide updates to Amy Pepin, firstname.lastname@example.org, before 9am on Monday to be included in that week’s Troop News.