May 25 – Troop Meeting – 7pm.
- Deadline to Sign up for Zip Lining Trip Zip Lining Sign Up
- All Summer Camp Paperwork due!
May 30 – Memorial Day Parade – Parade starts at 10:30am Parade and Ceremonial Sign Up
Ceremonial Set up:
- Scouts and Adults are needed to help set up and take down.
- Set up – meet at VFW at 7:15am Monday 5/30th
- Take Down – at the Commons immediately following Ceremony, probably around 1pm
- Drop off at 10am behind Dean Bank, on Dean Ave. Leaders should arrive 10 min earlier. **This is a new starting location**
- All scouts should attend, unless marching with their school band
- Class A uniforms, water, comfortable shoes, sun screen.
- Parade concludes at Commons around noon – families are encouraged to stay for the ceremony
- For the newly elected and appointed scout leaders, there will be a weekend camp out of training that is mandatory.
- On 6/4 in the morning, the newly defined PLC will plan for next years events
- Joining in the afternoon will be the rest of the newly appointed leaders.
- Please mark this weekend on your calendars and after the 5/18 elections, finalization of location and attendees
- For our OA scouts: Section NE – 1’s annual conclave will be coming to Camp Hinds 6/3 – 5. You can expect a week-end filled with the best training, activities, food and fun the section has to offer. Sing up online at tisquantum.org
June 8 – Troop Meeting and Committee Meeting – 7pm
June 15 – Court of Honor (COH) and Family Picnic – More details and sign up soon!
June 24-25 – Zip Lining Trip – MUST SIGN UP BY MAY 25. Fee Due June 15th
This month the troop will be Zip Lining at Zoar Outdoors in Charlemont, MA. Departure will be from the VFW Hall at 5:30pm. Base camp Friday night will be at Country Aire Campground in Charlemont, MA. Saturday we will zip line returning to base camp later that day.
Important: Scouts must weigh at least 70 lbs and no more than 250 lbs to be allowed to zip line. They must be at least 10 years old as well. Adults will stay on the ground at the Zoar site in case of any emergencies.
Both the Zip Line Canopy Tour Waiver and the BSA Activity Consent form must be filled out with emergency contact info, signed and $90 fee paid by check to the Troop prior to the trip. Submit completed forms and check to the troop activity administrator Gregg Klawson by June 15th.
Troop 29 Summer Camp 2016
- Location: Camp Squanto (200 Cuttersfield Rd, Plymouth, MA 02360)
- Dates: July 17th to 23rd (check-in Sunday afternoon, pickup Saturday -times TBD)
- Cost: $395/scout and $325 for the 2nd or more scouts from same family.
- First installment of $200.00 is due at the 04/27.
- Final Payment due 5/11.
- All paperwork needs to be completed and submitted by 05/25.
- Coordinators: TJ Lynch (also attending camp and Tim Cook
As a reminder all activity sign-ups are now online, signed release forms and payment will still need to be handed in at the troop meetings or given to Mr. Klawson when required. To Access all Troop 29 Current Sign Ups list and Information: All Troop Sign Ups
Please provide updates to Amy Pepin, email@example.com, before 9am on Monday to be included in that week’s Troop News.