May 11 – Troop Meeting and Committee Meeting – 7pm
- Please bring all cleaned patrol boxes and water jugs to the meeting to be inspected by the scout Quartermaster.
- Troop elections for Senir Patrol Leader and the five Patrol Leaders will take place on May 18. If you are interested in running for one of these positions, please submit your name to Mr. McGuire by May 11. Anyone in the troop is eligible to run for SPL. Each patrol will vote on its own patrol leader. We will also be electing eligible scouts for the Order of the Arrow on the 18. Please be sure to attend so that your vote counts.
May 18 – Troop Meeting – 7pm – Troop Elections
- The troop will hold elections for leadership and Order of the Arrow
- Leadership positions will include Senior Patrol Leader and Patrol Leaders. Scouts, please begin to think about if you would like to serve in any leadership position and let your SPL or Scout Master know at this week’s troop meeting.
- Order of the Arrow candidates will also be voted for. The troop is changing the timing of this vote so that all scouts can be included in the vote.
May 25 – Troop Meeting – 7pm
May 30 – Memorial Day Parade – Details soon!
Eagle Project: Wheelchair Accessible Walkway Sunday May 15th 3-6pm at Wrentham Development Center
Come help out at Karlan DeWitt’s eagle scout project next weekend on Sunday May 15th from about 2:30-5:30 or less at the Wrentham Developmental center. We will be creating a walkway that’s wheelchair accessible along with other landscaping and overall improvements. It will probably range around round 3 hours and will count for community service hours for any badges or school requirements. We will only need 2-3 people and we can provide means of transportation. With a dislocated sholder I could really use the help! If you are interested or have any questions you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or just talk to him at any of the meetings.
Personal Fitness Merit Badge – Mrs. Roche will starting this merit badge with scouts interested. It would tentatively start May 18. Scouts, if you are interested, you must 1. Email Mrs. Roche at Jean.email@example.com (copy a parent as well, please) and 2. Get a booklet for the badge from the Librarian. Do not start the any exercise logs without prior planning and approval from Mrs. Roche.
May 20-22 – Troop Outing – Canoeing
This month the troop will be canoeing on the Pemigewasset River in New Hampshire. Departure will be from the VFW Hall at 5:30pm Friday May 20th. Base camp Friday night will be at Branch Brook Campground in Campton, NH.
Both the Canoe rental company Ski Fanatics release form and the BSA Activity Consent form must be filled out with emergency contact info, signed and $40 fee paid by check to the Troop prior to the trip. Submit completed forms and check to the troop activity administrator Gregg Klawson by May 6th.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ALL LIFE SCOUTS:
Effective Thursday, April 28, all Eagle Boards and Eagle Project Reviews will now be permanently held at:
St. Mary’s Parish Auditorium
205 Washington Street
East Walpole, MA (across from Bird Park)
Starting time remains the same at 7:30 pm. 2016 Eagle BOR Schedule
- For the newly elected and appointed scout leaders, there will be a weekend camp out of training that is mandatory.
- On 6/4 in the morning, the newly defined PLC will plan for next years events
- Joining in the afternoon will be the rest of the newly appointed leaders.
- Please mark this weekend on your calendars and after the 5/18 elections, finalization of location and attendees
June 24-25 – Zip Lining Trip – More Details Soon!!
Troop 29 Summer Camp 2016
- Location: Camp Squanto (200 Cuttersfield Rd, Plymouth, MA 02360)
- Dates: July 17th to 23rd (check-in Sunday afternoon, pickup Saturday -times TBD)
- Cost: $395/scout and $325 for the 2nd or more scouts from same family.
- First installment of $200.00 is due at the 04/27.
- Final Payment due 5/11.
- All paperwork needs to be completed and submitted by 05/25.
- Coordinators: TJ Lynch (also attending camp and Tim Cook
As a reminder all activity sign-ups are now online, signed release forms and payment will still need to be handed in at the troop meetings or given to Mr. Klawson when required. To Access all Troop 29 Current Sign Ups list and Information: All Troop Sign Ups
Please provide updates to Amy Pepin, firstname.lastname@example.org, before 9am on Monday to be included in that week’s Troop News.