May 4 – PLC Meeting – 6:30pm
May 7 – Fundraiser – Car Wash @ Uno’s in Bellingham – 11:30-4:30. Sign up to help at the Car wash
All scouts need to participate in this event to ensure success for the Troop. Each scout should sign up to volunteer for a minimum of 2.5 hours. If a scout is unable to support the fund raiser, the scout needs to contact their patrol leader
Eagle Project: Wheelchair Accessible Walkway Saturday May 7th 3-6pm at Wrentham Development Center
Come help out at Karlan DeWitt’s eagle scout project next weekend on Saturday May 7th from about 3 – 6, at the Wrentham Developmental center. We will be creating a walkway that’s wheelchair accessible along with other landscaping and overall improvements. It will probably range around round 3 hours and will count for community service hours for any badges or school requirements. We will only need 2-4 people and we can provide means of transportation. If you are interested or have any questions you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or just talk to him at any of the meetings.
May 11 – Troop Meeting and Committee Meeting – 7pm
May 18 – Troop Meeting – 7pm – Troop Elections
- The troop will hold elections for leadership and Order of the Arrow
- Leadership positions will include Senior Patrol Leader and Patrol Leaders. Scouts, please begin to think about if you would like to serve in any leadership position and let your SPL or Scout Master know at this week’s troop meeting.
- Order of the Arrow candidates will also be voted for. The troop is changing the timing of this vote so that all scouts can be included in the vote.
Personal Fitness Merit Badge – Mrs. Roche will starting this merit badge with scouts interested. It would tentatively start May 18. Scouts, if you are interested, you must 1. Email Mrs. Roche at Jean.email@example.com (copy a parent as well, please) and 2. Get a booklet for the badge from the Librarian. Do not start the any exercise logs without prior planning and approval from Mrs. Roche.
May 20-22 – Troop Outing – Canoeing
This month the troop will be canoeing on the Pemigewasset River in New Hampshire. Departure will be from the VFW Hall at 5:30pm Friday May 20th. Base camp Friday night will be at Branch Brook Campground in Campton, NH.
Click Here to Sign up for the May Canoe Trip
Both the Canoe rental company Ski Fanatics release form and the BSA Activity Consent form must be filled out with emergency contact info, signed and $40 fee paid by check to the Troop prior to the trip. Submit completed forms and check to the troop activity administrator Gregg Klawson by May 6th.
Reminder: Patrol box/jug check in process:
- All cleaned patrol boxes and water jugs will need to be dropped off directly at the VFW in coordination and inspection with the scout Quartermaster.
- Scouts will need to contact the Quatermaster once items are cleaned and coordinate a time to directly drop it off at the VFW.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ALL LIFE SCOUTS:
Effective Thursday, April 28, all Eagle Boards and Eagle Project Reviews will now be permanently held at:
St. Mary’s Parish Auditorium
205 Washington Street
East Walpole, MA (across from Bird Park)
Starting time remains the same at 7:30 pm. 2016 Eagle BOR Schedule
June 4 – 5 – Scout Leadership Training Weekend (ILST)
- For the newly elected and appointed scout leaders, there will be a weekend camp out of training that is mandatory.
- On 6/4 in the morning, the newly defined PLC will plan for next years events
- Joining in the afternoon will be the rest of the newly appointed leaders.
- Please mark this weekend on your calendars and after the 5/18 elections, finalization of location and attendees
June 24-25 – Zip Lining Trip – More Details Soon!!
Troop 29 Summer Camp 2016
- Location: Camp Squanto (200 Cuttersfield Rd, Plymouth, MA 02360)
- Dates: July 17th to 23rd (check-in Sunday afternoon, pickup Saturday -times TBD)
- Cost: $395/scout and $325 for the 2nd or more scouts from same family.
- First installment of $200.00 is due at the 04/27.
- Final Payment due 5/11.
- All paperwork needs to be completed and submitted by 05/25.
Summer Camp Forms and Fee Information
Packing & What to Bring to Summer Camp
Troop 29 Summer Camp Logistics & Directions
- Coordinators: TJ Lynch (also attending camp and Tim Cook
As a reminder all activity sign-ups are now online, signed release forms and payment will still need to be handed in at the troop meetings or given to Mr. Klawson when required. To Access all Troop 29 Current Sign Ups list and Information: All Troop Sign Ups
Please provide updates to Amy Pepin, firstname.lastname@example.org, before 9am on Monday to be included in that week’s Troop News.
You must be logged in to post a comment.