April 6 – PLC Meeting 6:30pm PLEASE NOTE THE PLC MEETING IS AT 6:30pm.
April 9 – Eagle COH @ Franklin United Methodist Church, on West Central Street Franklin 4pm.
- All families are encouraged to attend.
- Scouts please arrive @ 3:00pm in Class A with bolos/sashes to rehearse for the ceremony.
- Ceremony begins at 4pm.
- Troop families are asked to help with the reception immediately following. Families with last name:
- A-K please bring beverages (small bottles of water, juice, soda, etc)
- L-Z please bring a dessert
April 13 – Troop Meeting and Committee Meeting at 7pm. Summer Camp Informational Meeting will also be held at 7pm for any parents interested.
April 29 – May 1 – Troop Outing – Day Hiking in Western MA
This month the troop will be day hiking in Western Massachusetts. Departure will be from the VFW Hall at 5:30pm Friday April 29th. Base camp Friday night will be at Moses Scout Reservation in Russell MA and on Saturday we will drive to a trail near Mt Washington MA and day hike. We will return to base camp later Saturday and then return to Franklin Sunday morning to the VFW Hall at approximately 10am.
The BSA Activity Consent form must be filled out with emergency contact info, signed and $20 fee paid by check prior to the trip. Submit completed form and check to the troop activity administrator Gregg Klawson or troop committee chair Deb Ryan by April 22nd.
May 7 – Fundraiser – Car Wash @ Uno’s in Bellingham – 11:30-4:30
May 20-22 – Troop Outing – Canoeing – More Details Soon!
Troop 29 Summer Camp 2016
- Location: Camp Squanto (200 Cuttersfield Rd, Plymouth, MA 02360)
- Dates: July 17th to 23rd (check-in Sunday afternoon, pickup Saturday -times TBD)
- Cost: Based on recent years, estimate is $385 to $400-half due 4/27, balance due 5/25
- Coordinators: TJ Lynch (also attending camp and Tim Cook
Medical form (as required by BSA guidelines for all scouts and volunteers) can be found at: http://www.scouting.org/filestore/HealthSafety/pdf/680-001_ABC.pdf Other specific details will not be available until the council’s kickoff meeting at the end of the month. We will make an announcement for the scouts at the troop meeting on March 30th. All other forms, merit badge class options, and gear lists will be available for the announcements on April 4th.
For parents of any scouts wishing to attend camp, we will hold an informational meeting on Wednesday, April 13th, at 7 PM (simultaneous to the regular troop meeting).
For any immediate questions or concerns, please contact Tim Cook, 508-361-9354.
Please provide updates to Amy Pepin, email@example.com, before 9am on Monday to be included in that week’s Troop News.