Upcoming Troop Events and Outings:
March 23 – Troop Meeting at 7pm
March 30 – Troop Meeting and we will host a Meet and Greet to have current Troop 29 parents meet new Webelo families. Dessert and coffee will be provided and all troop parents are encouraged to attend. Friends of Scouting Presentation will also be presented.
MBU Reminder: Please return all MB pamphlets to the Troop Librarian upon the completion of MBU at the end of March.
April 9 – Eagle COH @ Franklin United Methodist Church, on East Central Street Franklin 4pm.
- All families are encouraged to attend.
- Scouts please arrive @ 3:00pm in Class A with bolos/sashes to rehearse for the ceremony.
- Ceremony begins at 4pm.
- Troop families are asked to help with the reception immediately following. Families with last name:
- A-K please bring beverages (small bottles of water, juice, soda, etc)
- L-Z please bring a dessert
April 29 – 30 – Troop Outing – Backpacking – More Details Soon!
May 20-22 – Troop Outing – Canoeing – More Details Soon!
Troop 29 Summer Camp 2016
- Location: Camp Squanto (200 Cuttersfield Rd, Plymouth, MA 02360)
- Dates: July 17th to 23rd (check-in Sunday afternoon, pickup Saturday -times TBD)
- Cost: Based on recent years, estimate is $385 to $400-half due 4/27, balance due 5/25
- Coordinators: TJ Lynch (also attending camp and Tim Cook
Medical form (as required by BSA guidelines for all scouts and volunteers) can be found at: http://www.scouting.org/filestore/HealthSafety/pdf/680-001_ABC.pdf Other specific details will not be available until the council’s kickoff meeting at the end of the month. We will make an announcement for the scouts at the troop meeting on March 30th. All other forms, merit badge class options, and gear lists will be available for the announcements on April 4th.
For parents of any scouts wishing to attend camp, we will hold an informational meeting on Wednesday, April 13th, at 7 PM (simultaneous to the regular troop meeting).
For any immediate questions or concerns, please contact Tim Cook, 508-361-9354.
Troop Recruiting Slide Show/Video – Hunter Klawson will be working on project to create a video to promote our troop as part of his merit badge. Please send in any pictures you have of scouts on former trips to Deb Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide updates to Amy Pepin, email@example.com, before 9am on Monday to be included in that week’s Troop News.