LAST CALL TO SIGN UP FOR THE DOWN HILL SKI TRIP 2/26-2/28
If you would like to go on the down hill skiing trip at Cranmore Mountain, this is your FINAL chance to sign up. You must contact Gregg Klawson Gregg@klawson.org or 508-254-7598 by Thursday night 2/18. We need 20 people to attend or we will need to cancel. A trip update will be sent out on Friday 2/17 with the final decision.
2/26-2/28 Down Hill Skiing at Cranmore Mountain, North Conway NH
- Permission slips and payment due by 2/10/16 Cranmore-skiing-tubing
- Adults: $105 with a 1 day lift ticket, $150 with a 2 day lift ticket
- Teen: 13-18: $100 with a 1 day lift ticket, $130 with a 2 day lift ticket
- Jr 6-12: $90 with a 1 day lift ticket, $115 with a 2 day lift ticket.
- Includes Pizza Sat night, vouchers for breakfast Saturday and Sunday and 2 Nights sleeping accommodations at the ski base lodge. Lunch is on your own, plan on $15/Day.
- It is important to know who is coming back Sunday am vs skiing the second day
- We usually leave earlier Friday night, since it is a long ride up. For those coming back Sunday am, arrival is usually a little later than 10 am.
Upcoming Troop Events and Outings:
March 19 – Overnight Saturday night only and Orienteering. Location TBD. More Information to come.
March 23 – We will host a Meet and Greet to have current Troop 29 parents meet new Webelo families. Dessert and coffee will be provided and all troop parents are encouraged to attend. Friends of Scouting Presentation will also be presented.
April 9 – Eagle COH. More Details to follow.
Summer 2016 Planning – Maine High Adventure
- Troop 29 would like to determine if there are scouts with interest in going on a High Adventure trip this summer. Please take a few minutes to look at the Maine High Adventure website for details. Mainehighadventure.org. Information about MHA will be presented at future troop meetings.
- The High Adventure trip will be separate from, and in addition to, the normal Summer Camp at Squanto. Scouts could potentially attend both Summer Camp and High Adventure or just one. Scouts will need to be 13 years old by Sept. 1, 2016 to attend High Adventure.
- We are asking for scouts with initial interest to contact the Scoutmaster Mike McGuire or Assistant Scoutmaster Dan Conatser.
Changing patrol box/jug check in process:
- Going forward, all cleaned patrol boxes and water jugs will need to be dropped off directly at the VFW in coordination and inspection with the scout Quartermaster.
- Scouts will need to contact the Quatermaster once items are cleaned and coordinate a time to directly drop it off at the VFW.
Troop Recruiting Slide Show/Video – Hunter Klawson will be working on project to create a video to promote our troop as part of his merit badge. Please send in any pictures you have of scouts on former trips to Deb Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide updates to Amy Pepin, email@example.com, before 9am on Monday to be included in that week’s Troop News.