2/10/16 Troop Meeting
- Down Hill Skiing permission slips due
2/12 – 2/13 Scout Shabbat
2/14 Scout Sunday at United Methodist Church at 10am
- Scouts are asked to participate in a couple of parts in the service in addition to presenting the colors.
- We need 3 -4 scouts to participate to support our charter organization.
- Please see Deb Ryan if you would like to participate.
2/26-2/28 Down Hill Skiing at Cranmore Mountain, North Conway NH
- Permission slips and payment due by 2/10/16 Cranmore-skiing-tubing
- Adults: $105 with a 1 day lift ticket, $150 with a 2 day lift ticket
- Teen: 13-18: $100 with a 1 day lift ticket, $130 with a 2 day lift ticket
- Jr 6-12: $90 with a 1 day lift ticket, $115 with a 2 day lift ticket.
- Includes Pizza Sat night, vouchers for breakfast Saturday and Sunday and 2 Nights sleeping accommodations at the ski base lodge. Lunch is on your own, plan on $15/Day.
- It is important to know who is coming back Sunday am vs skiing the second day
- We usually leave earlier Friday night, since it is a long ride up. For those coming back Sunday am, arrival is usually a little later than 10 am.
Upcoming Troop Events and Outings:
March 19 – Overnight Saturday night only and Orienteering. Location TBD. More Information to come.
March 23 – We will host a Meet and Greet to have current Troop 29 parents meet new Webelo families. Dessert and coffee will be provided and all troop parents are encouraged to attend. Friends of Scouting Presentation will also be presented.
April 9 – Eagle COH. More Details to follow.
Summer 2016 Planning – Maine High Adventure
- Troop 29 would like to determine if there are scouts with interest in going on a High Adventure trip this summer. Please take a few minutes to look at the Maine High Adventure website for details. Mainehighadventure.org. Information about MHA will be presented at future troop meetings.
- The High Adventure trip will be separate from, and in addition to, the normal Summer Camp at Squanto. Scouts could potentially attend both Summer Camp and High Adventure or just one. Scouts will need to be 13 years old by Sept. 1, 2016 to attend High Adventure.
- We are asking for scouts with initial interest to contact the Scoutmaster Mike McGuire or Assistant Scoutmaster Dan Conatser.
2017 Northern Tier – Update: We will not be pursuing this trip due to not enough interest.
Changing patrol box/jug check in process:
- Going forward, all cleaned patrol boxes and water jugs will need to be dropped off directly at the VFW in coordination and inspection with the scout Quartermaster.
- Scouts will need to contact the Quatermaster once items are cleaned and coordinate a time to directly drop it off at the VFW.
Did you forget to sign up for Merit Badge University (MBU)? occ_mbu_2016_scout_form
- Contact Anna dos Santos right away – firstname.lastname@example.org
- It will be held on 3 Saturday mornings, 3/5, 3/12, & 3/26, 2016.
- Each day will have 3 sessions, starting at 9:00am and ending at 12:40pm. Scouts can finish up to 3 MBs over the 3 weeks.
- A payment of $15 per scout is also needed. The earlier you register the better chance you have of getting your first choices!
- Please note that the form asks for 7 MB choices to be selected and ranked, since classes will fill up.
Troop Recruiting Slide Show/Video – Hunter Klawson will be working on project to create a video to promote our troop as part of his merit badge. Please send in any pictures you have of scouts on former trips to Deb Ryan at email@example.com.
3/26 Adult CPR/AED Training at MBU
- Any registered adult leader interested in first aid training can take a training class while your scout is at MBU.
- Pre registration is required and now open online at http://training.oldcolonycouncil.org
Please provide updates to Amy Pepin, firstname.lastname@example.org, before 9am on Monday to be included in that week’s Troop News.