1/27/16 Troop Meeting – Charter School
- Payment due for January Cross Country Ski/Snowshoe Trip
- Last week to register for Merit Badge University
- Troop will be preparing for the Jan trip and planning the meals. There will also be an ice fishing demonstration by Joe Cavossa, and signs of hypothermia. Note: some Webelos will also be joining the meeting.
- Do you have a Patrol Box? We are looking for one large red patrol box. Please bring it to the meeting 1/27.
Last week to Register for Merit Badge University (MBU), March 5, 12, & 26, 2016 occ_mbu_2016_scout_form
- It will be held on 3 Saturday mornings, 3/5, 3/12, & 3/26, 2016.
- Each day will have 3 sessions, starting at 9:00am and ending at 12:40pm. Scouts can finish up to 3 MBs over the 3 weeks.
- Scouts should complete the registration form and give it to Anna dos Santos on 1/27. A payment of $15 per scout is also needed. The earlier you register the better chance you have of getting your first choices!
- Please note that the form asks for 7 MB choices to be selected and ranked, since classes will fill up.
If you have any questions, please contact Anna at email@example.com.
1/29-1/31 Cross Country Skiing/Snowshoe Trip Windblown, 1180 Turnpike Road, New Ipswich, NH 03071
- Campsite: Camp Split Rock, 39 Stowell Rd, Ashburnham, MA 01430. Magee Cabin (sleeps up to 20) with space outside for 12+ tents.
- Permission slips due by 1/20/16 and payment due by 1/27/16 cross-country-ski-snowshoe-split-rock-01-29-2016
- Cost is $40/scout. If you have equipment and / or equipment troop can borrow, please note accordingly on the permission slip.
- No Snow? … No Problem! If conditions are not conducive for skiing and/or snow shoeing, the troop has another activity planned at this location. Fees will be reduced and credited accordingly.
Scout Sunday and Scout Shabbat Observances
- 2/7 Scout Sunday – St. Mary’s scout mass will be at 9am.
- 2/12 -13 Scout Shabbat
- 2/14 Scout Sunday – United Methodist church will observe Scout Sunday during their 10am service. Please see Deb Ryan if you would like to participate.
- You are welcome to attend your own parish too.
2/26-2/28 Down Hill Skiing at Cranmore Mountain, North Conway NH
- Permission slips and payment due by 2/10/16 Cranmore-skiing-tubing
- Adults: $105 with a 1 day lift ticket, $150 with a 2 day lift ticket
- Teen: 13-18: $100 with a 1 day lift ticket, $130 with a 2 day lift ticket
- Jr 6-12: $90 with a 1 day lift ticket, $115 with a 2 day lift ticket.
- Includes Pizza Sat night, vouchers for breakfast Saturday and Sunday and 2 Nights sleeping accommodations at the ski base lodge. Lunch is on your own, plan on $15/Day.
- It is important to know who is coming back Sunday am vs skiing the second day
- We usually leave earlier Friday night, since it is a long ride up. For those coming back Sunday am, arrival is usually a little later than 10 am.
New Scout Requirements: New Boy Scout Rank Requirements as of 1-1-2016 (1)
The Boy Scouts have modified all rank requirements as of January 1, 2016. This should be a seamless changeover, but you should think of 2016 as a transition year during which both the old and the new requirements will be used, based on the Scout’s joining date or his current rank on January 1, 2016. Review 1/11/16 Troop News for more details.
Feb/April Break STEM Camp at Squanto Squanto STEM
- 3 day cap to work on 2 merit badges and have a chance to meet and interact with people whose occupations take them into the world of STEM every day.
- There are two sessions for each school break.
- Early fee $95, after 1/20/16 $110.
- Check out the flyer link and register directly with Old Colony Council – link is provided on flyer.
We didn’t win Powerball, but we were selected to have an opportunity to attend Northern Tier High Adventure BSA Camp in 2017! Summer Northern Tier Flyer
Northern Tier High Adventure is located in Northern Minnesota. This would be a scout adventure of a lifetime! We have the opportunity to have a crew of up to 11 head out on a tour from 7/16/17 to 7/22/17. A really, really rough preliminary estimate cost is about $1,500 per person, including airfare, hotel and car rental. Scouts have to be 14 or older at the time of the trip. Many more details to follow as we need to gauge interest now and potentially make a deposit. Fund raising is a must given the significant cost.
3/26 Adult CPR/AED Training at MBU
- Any registered adult leader interested in first aid training can take a training class while your scout is at MBU.
- Pre registration is required and now open online at http://training.oldcolonycouncil.org
Please provide updates to Amy Pepin, firstname.lastname@example.org, before 9am on Monday to be included in that week’s Troop News.