12/16 Troop Meeting – Charter School
- Last troop meeting of 2015, No meetings 12/23 or 12/30
- Final date to submit MB and advancement for next Troop COH
- Payment for December trip due
- If you have not already done so, please provide to Anna the troop dues.
- MBU registration forms
- Please bring back clean patrol boxes and blue jugs for inspection
12/19 – 12/20 Rock Climbing – Overnight at Rock Spot Lincoln RI climbing-Lincoln RI 12-19-15-doc
- Cost is $30/scout. If your scout would like to do the climbing merit badge the cost will be $45 total.
- A late dinner is provided. Patrols will be asked to bring sodas and snacks.
- Please complete the online waiver and print it to accompany your permission slip. Waiver
1/13/16 Troop Court of Honor @ Charter School during regular troop meeting
Adult Involvement Opportunities Now
- We need parent support to help coordinate trips beginning for the April outing. If you are able to support a month, please let Anna or Deb know.
- Community Service Coordinator
- Summer Camp Coordinator
Feb/April Break STEM Camp at Squanto Squanto STEM
- 3 day cap to work on 2 merit badges and have a chance to meet and interact with people whose occupations take them into the world of STEM every day.
- There are two sessions for each school break.
- Early fee $95, after 1/20/16 $110.
- Check out the flyer link and register directly with Old Colony Council – link is provided on flyer.
Merit Badge University (MBU), March 5, 12, & 26, 2016 occ_mbu_2016_scout_form
- It will be held on 3 Saturday mornings, 3/5, 3/12, & 3/26, 2016.
- Each day will have 3 sessions, starting at 9:00am and ending at 12:40pm. Scouts can finish up to 3 MBs over the 3 weeks.
- Scouts should complete the registration form and give it to Anna dos Santos by 12/16/15 or as soon as possible after that. A payment of $15 per scout is also needed.
- The sooner the form is in, the more likely your scout will get his MB choices.
- Please note that the form asks for 7 MB choices to be selected and ranked, since classes will fill up.
If you have any questions, please contact Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3/26 Adult CPR/AED Training at MBU
- Any registered adult leader interested in first aid training can take a training class while your scout is at MBU.
- Pre registration is required and now open online at http://training.oldcolonycouncil.org
Past Due – Registered Adult YPT
- If you are a registered adult and your YPT will expire BEFORE 12/31/16, the council is requiring you to retake YPT to bring it more current. Please have your YPT done by 12/1.
Upcoming Winter Trips
- 1/29-1/31 Cross Country Skiing/Snowshoe
- 2/26-2/28 Down Hill Skiing
- Permission slips will be coming out soon along with more details.
Please provide updates to Deb Ryan, email@example.com, before 9am on Monday to be included in that week’s Troop News.