10/21 Troop Mtg – Webelos Open House
- Please return cleaned patrol boxes and blue water jugs to be inspected by the quartermaster.
- Yearly dues ($125), if not yet paid in full. (An additional $12 if your scout wants BoysLife.)
- Bring empty tuna cans (or similar size) and cardboard for fire starter project for this week’s Webelos Open House
- We are planning to distribute Scouting for Food collection door hangers to the troop at this week’s meeting for your scout to participate in the campaign. Scouts will go door-to-door and distribute door hangers on Saturday 10/31 and return the following week to retrieve the donated food. Our donations will be distributed to the Franklin Food Pantry
- Seven Boy Scouts of America councils in Eastern Massachusetts has initiated the largest one-day food collection program in the State of Massachusetts to aid local food pantries and spread goodwill to the community.
- Scouting for Food is an annual food collection community service project put on by the Boy Scouts of America. Through this effort 30,000 youth members and 10,000 Scout volunteers in the more than 228 communities will be participating this year.
- Councils will be partnering with WCVB-TV Channel 5 Boston, the project’s exclusive media partner, to promote this initiative through PSAs and announcements leading up to the program launch date.
11/6 The Walker Family Pasta Dinner Fundraiser
6:30 – 10:30pm Franklin Elks 1077 Pond St
- John Walker, a past leader in Pack 126, recently passed away. He is survived by his wife Ellen and two children. There is a pasta fund raiser to help the Walkers with expenses until John’s estate is settled.
- Pasta dinner will be served from 6:30-8:30 pm. Followed by entertainment and a photo booth. This is a family friendly event and we will have raffles and a silent auction.
- Tickets are $15 per adult and children 12 and under are $12.
- Any questions or to have tickets delivered please contact Sandy Brown at JSBjakey@yahoo.com or Teresa Fernald at HomeRepairSpecialists@verizon.net or 508-265-7846.
- Pre purchasing tickets with free delivery is available and encouraged. This is a cash only event.
11/20 – 11/22 Hiking, Split Rock and Wapack Trail Hiking Wapack Trail, Split rock-11-20-15.doc
- Form due 10/21, payment by 11/18. Cost is $20
No Troop Meetings Reminders
- 11/11 Veteran’s Day
- 11/25 Thanksgiving
11/28 Eagle COH @ Franklin United Methodist Church, on East Central Street Franklin 4pm
- Honoring Andy Pritchard, Michael Parella, Riley and Austin Conatser
- If your scout can not attend, please notify Marty Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Scouts arrive by 3:00pm in their Class A uniforms with bolos & sashes to rehearse for the ceremony.
- Troop families are asked to help with the reception immediately following – we are anticipating a number of guest and your help is very appreciated. Families with last name from:
- A-K please bring beverages (small bottles of water, juice, soda, etc)
- L-Z please bring a dessert
12/1 Youth Protection Training (YPT) Update
- If you are a registered adult and your YPT will expire BEFORE 12/31/16, the council is requiring you to retake YPT to bring it more current.
- This is required before the troop recharters in mid December. Please have your YPT done by 12/1.
12/19 Rock Climbing – Details coming soon…
Please provide updates to email@example.com before 9am on Monday to be included in that week’s Troop News.