9/9 Troop Meeting @ Charter School
- PARENT MEETING: One parent from each family is asked to attend this meeting which will be held in the cafeteria of the Charter School.
- Sign up for Sept bike trip.
- Partial merit badges earned at Squanto will be distributed for continued progress working with the troop’s merit badge councilors. The Scoutmaster may be able to sign off if the troop does not have a MB councilor depending on skill required.
Now – End Oct Popcorn Fundraiser
- For those Scouts and their parents who are interested in offsetting the costs of our Scouting program while supporting Troop 29, our council and themselves, we’ve brought back popcorn sales this year. Participation is not mandatory, but we are making the program available to anyone who wants to do it.
- The selling season runs from now until the end of October; the more you sell, the more benefits you and the troop will see.
- If interested, see Mr. McGuire for details and sales forms at the next troop meeting.
9/23 No Troop Mtg (Yom Kippur)
9/30 COH Deadline (date change) Advancement and blue cards must be turned in to Mrs. Ryan. The COH will take place on 10/14.
9/25 – 9/27 Biking the Cape Cod Rail Trial and camping at Nickerson State Park. Permission slip for Cape Cod bike trip 09-25-2015
- Cost is $20 Final deadline for form and payment is 9/16/15.
- Parents please ensure your scout has the essentials for the trip: helmet, a gear bike, no loose clothing and proper closed toe footwear, sunscreen and water, tire repair kit.
10/16-10/18 Highland Games, Wrentham Development Center
- Fall Camporee Scottish Style…. All are asked to participate as traditional Scotsmen in Clans. Find out more at upcoming troop meetings!
- Lots of fun in the highlands: Pioneer Rope Throw, Weight Throw, Braemer Stone, Caber Toss, Compass Medallion, Hoist the Sheep, Toss the Sheaf, Farmer’s Walk, Cairn Construction, Fire-Starting, Hand-Shake Wrestle, Water Balance Pipe, Haggis Toss, Kilted Run, Tug-O-War
- Look for permission slips soon. Registration needs to be completed by 9/30.
11/20 – 11/22 Hiking, Split Rock and Wapack Trail
Please provide updates to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9am on Monday to be included in that week’s Troop News.