Brandon McKearney’s Eagle Project is well underway building a BBQ/Fire pit at 71 Linden St, Attleboro. He needs 3 – 4 older scouts this Saturday 9 – noon to help shovel pea stones. He will provide all needed equipment and food/drink.
Please call Brandon at 774-225-5283 if you are able to help and to get more details.
All Scouts that are 2nd Class, Tenderfoot and Scout Ranks:
The troop will be conducting an outdoor session for scouts who require completion of the First Class Scout Rank Requirements:
2. Using a map and compass, complete an orienteering course that covers at least one mile and requires measuring the height and/or width of designated items (tree, tower, canyon, ditch, etc.).
6. Identify or show evidence of at least 10 kinds of native plants found in your community.
- When: Sunday – August 2, at 12:30-2:00pm
- Where: Franklin Town Forest – meet at water tower just behind the YMCA.
- Adult Leaders: Dan Conatser and TJ Lynch.
- What to bring: Compass, water, bug spray, scout book, small day pack. Dress appropriate to the weather.
Please review the information on these requirements in your Scout Handbook beforehand.
The troop will also plan a second event in September.