5/27 Troop Meeting – 7pm Charter School
- Final fee for summer camp is due as well as all paperwork.
- White water rafting permission slip due.
- Please bring back patrol boxes and water jugs to be inspected.
- Final date to submit blue cards for COH.
6/6 Support The Chuckwagon
- Cub Scout Pack 99 is looking for a couple of Boy Scouts to help run the compass station at this year’s Chuckwagon.
- Chuckwagon will be held at the Canoe River Conservation area in Foxboro on Saturday June 6th.
- We need help between 12 noon and 4pm to run Cub Scouts and Webelos through the compass course.
- Scouts can contact Mr. Klawson if they can help Gregg@klawson.org, cell 508-254-7598.
Preparing for Next Scout Year
6/10 Troop Elections (date change)
- Scouts will vote for Senior Patrol Leader (SPL) and Patrol Leaders (PL) (3) for the upcoming year. Talk to one of the Scoutmasters before 5/27 if interested.
- All other positions of responsibility will be appointed by the new SPL at some point during June.
- Scouts interested in becoming either SPL or PL should carefully read the troop’s Positions of Responsibility Troop 29 – Positions of Responsibility Your parents/guardians should read it too.
6/24 Planning Meeting
- The elected SPL and PLs will need to attend the troop’s annual planning meeting defining trips and community service, scheduled for Wednesday night, June 24.
August Overnight Training
- The troop will be holding an overnight training session for all Scouts in PORs on a yet-to-be-determined date in August, before the new Scout year kicks off. Attendance is mandatory for those in PORs.
If you or your parents have any questions regarding any of the expectations, please talk to one of the Assistant Scoutmasters.
6/26 – 6/28 White Water Rafting – Shelbourne Falls, MA White water Rafting-Shelburne Falls, MA 6-26-15
- Permission slip due by 5/27 and payment by 6/17
- Costs: Scouts $80 (maybe reduced if scout participated in fundraising). Adults who will raft $65
- An online waiver form link will be provided upon signing up to be completed before the trip
5/30 Fund Raising Car Wash
- Location – Uno’s/Home Depot parking lot Bellingham
- Time: Scouts to arrive at 8am, car wash from 8:30 – noon
- Those scouts that are able to participate in fundraising will be allocated a share of proceeds for their portion of the trip.
5/30 & 6/6 – Uno’s Dough Raiser Fund Raiser
- Uno’s in Bellingham will provide a portion of their proceeds to support Troop 29. We will have Dough Raiser flyers available (electronically and hardcopy) shortly to be used to have purchases associated with Troop 29.
- Encourage friends and family to support our troop on these days!
7/12 – 7/18 2015 Summer Camp – Squanto
Coordinator: Tim Cook – send email to email@example.com
- Location:Camp Squanto 200 Cutters Field Road, Plymouth, MA 02360 http://www.campsquanto.net/
- 2015_Merit_Badge_Schedule – Please do not hand this in. Mark badge selections on troop forms
- SummerCamp_Troop29_Forms_2015– There are 3 pages. Adults and scouts should sign permission slip. Please fill in badge choices and contact complete info. Please return medication/allergy form with scout’s name on it even if no medications are required and no allergies exist.
- BSA_Medical_Form– This requires a signature from the pediatrician’s office and that signature must be dated within 12 months of camp.
6/17 Court Of Honor (COH) with picnic to follow
Adult Involvement Opportunities
- Coordinate a trip outing for a month.
- There will be movement in current roles (Chairman, ASM, etc). Now is a perfect time to be trained.
- Please talk to Anna Dos Santos at our troop meeting to learn more.
Please contact Deb Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have items to communicate to the troop. Deadline to submit communications is Monday morning by 9am.