5/13 Troop Meeting – 7pm Charter School
- If outstanding, health forms for rock climbing trip this weekend. health form parts_ab-1
- Patrol boxes are needed for this weekend’s trip. Please bring them in to be inspected.
Preparing for Next Scout Year
5/27 Troop Elections
- The Scouts will vote for to fill the positions of Senior Patrol Leader (SPL) and Patrol Leaders (PL) (3) for the upcoming year.
- The whole troop will vote for SPL while members of each individual patrol will vote for their own PL.
- All other positions of responsibility (POR) (e.g., Assistant Senior Patrol Leader, Quartermaster and Librarian) will be appointed by the new SPL at some point during June.
- Any Scout who is interested in running for SPL should talk with one of the Assistant Scoutmasters in advance of May 27 so that a ballot can be developed.
- If a candidate would like to make a brief, two-minute speech to the troop on election night addressing why he is the best candidate, he may do so, but a speech is not required.
IMPORTANT: Scouts who are interested in becoming either SPL or PL should carefully read the troop’s Positions of Responsibility Troop 29 – Positions of Responsibility Your parents/guardians should read it well, too. Scouts who hold any POR in the troop, and especially the roles of SPL and PL, are expected to make Scouting one of the top priorities for the year. There are minimum expectations for attendance at meetings of the Patrol Leaders’ Council, troop meetings and troop outings, all of which is outlined in the document on the website.
6/24 Planning Meeting
- The elected SPL and PLs will need to attend the troop’s annual planning meeting defining trips and community service, scheduled for Wednesday night, June 24.
August Overnight Training
- The troop will be holding an overnight training session for all Scouts in PORs on a yet-to-be-determined date in August, before the new Scout year kicks off. Attendance is mandatory for those in PORs.
If you or your parents have any questions regarding any of the expectations, please talk to one of the Assistant Scoutmasters.
5/15-5/16 Rock Climbing Quincy Quarries and Camp Sayre
5/20 Personal Fitness MB
- Personal Fitness badge meeting has been changed from 13th to 20th. Please make every effort to be there following troop meeting as blue cards are due following week .
- Contact Mrs. Roche directly and promptly if you are unable to make the meeting on the 20th, or have any problems/questions concerning requirements to be completed by that time. Jean.email@example.com.
5/25 Memorial Day Events
- All troop members and leaders are encouraged to attend the Memorial Day Parade May 25th in your Class A uniform, unless you are playing in a school band for this event. Adults that can walk with the troop is appreciated, 2 deep leadership applies to this event. Please contact Kevin if you are able to participate at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Time: please arrive between 10:00am – 10:15am. Parade will begin around 10:30. If you did not help with set up, please plan to stay for entire program to help take down after parade events.
- Location: between the United Methodist Church parking lot and the museum.
- What to bring: Be in your uniform. Apply sunscreen before and bring water, comfortable shoes/sneakers
Set up for Memorial Day Parade at Town Common
- Troop 29 has volunteered as a service project to help set up for the parade. The set up involves assisting with loading of water, chairs, flags and coolers to the common and setting up some tents. Set up team also go to Dean College for podium and platform.
- Time: 7:15am May 25th
- Location: VFW
- What to bring: If you can, please bring a cooler with ice and water for the guests and veterans that will be sitting at the platform – it maybe a very warm day and this will be very welcomed!
- If you are being dropped off to support set up, please coordinate a ride home, the set up will be completed before the parade.
7/12 – 7/18 2015 Summer Camp – Squanto
Coordinator: Tim Cook – send email to email@example.com
Summer camp is a great time for scouts to earn merit badges and get to know their fellow scouts. This year, we will need additional parent volunteers.
- Location:Camp Squanto 200 Cutters Field Road, Plymouth, MA 02360 http://www.campsquanto.net/
- Contact Tim if your scout is likely to attend by emailing Tim with the following: Scout’s name, Scout’s t-shirt size, Parents’ name(s), Parents’ email address, Best phone number to use, Volunteering preference (full week, first half, second half)
- 2015_Merit_Badge_Schedule – Please do not hand this in. Mark badge selections on troop forms
- SummerCamp_Troop29_Forms_2015– There are 3 pages. Adults and scouts should sign permission slip. Please fill in badge choices and contact complete info. Please return medication/allergy form with scout’s name on it even if no medications are required and no allergies exist.
- BSA_Medical_Form– This requires a signature from the pediatrician’s office and that signature must be dated within 12 months of camp.
- Important dates:
- 5/13 – Final fee is due, for a total of $385 (Cost goes up by $20 per scout after this date!)
- 5/27 – All paperwork is due
6/17 Court Of Honor (COH)
- 5/27 – Final submission of blue cards and advancement is due
- 6/26-6/28 White water rafting trip. Fundraising is being defined for scout participation to support this trip. Those scouts that are able to participate in fundraising will be allocated a share of proceeds for their portion of the trip. More details to come in Troop News shortly.
Adult Involvement Opportunities
- Coordinate a trip outing for a month.
- There will be movement in current roles (Chairman, ASM, etc). Now is a perfect time to be trained.
- Please talk to Anna Dos Santos at our troop meeting to learn more.
Please contact Deb Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have items to communicate to the troop. Deadline to submit communications is Monday morning by 9am.