5/6 PLC and Troop Committee Meeting – Charter School
- PLC 6:30pm.
- Troop Committee 7:30 – all parents are encouraged to attend.
5/15-5/16 Rock Climbing Quincy Quarries and Camp Sayre
5/20 Personal Fitness MB
- Personal Fitness badge meeting has been changed from 13th to 20th. Please make every effort to be there following troop meeting as blue cards are due following week .
- Contact Mrs. Roche directly and promptly if you are unable to make the meeting on the 20th, or have any problems/questions concerning requirements to be completed by that time. Jean.email@example.com.
7/12 – 7/18 2015 Summer Camp – Squanto
Coordinator: Tim Cook – send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer camp is a great time for scouts to earn merit badges and get to know their fellow scouts. This year, we will need additional parent volunteers.
- Location:Camp Squanto 200 Cutters Field Road, Plymouth, MA 02360 http://www.campsquanto.net/
- Contact Tim if your scout is likely to attend by emailing Tim with the following: Scout’s name, Scout’s t-shirt size, Parents’ name(s), Parents’ email address, Best phone number to use, Volunteering preference (full week, first half, second half)
- 2015_Merit_Badge_Schedule – Please do not hand this in. Mark badge selections on troop forms
- SummerCamp_Troop29_Forms_2015– There are 3 pages. Adults and scouts should sign permission slip. Please fill in badge choices and contact complete info. Please return medication/allergy form with scout’s name on it even if no medications are required and no allergies exist.
- BSA_Medical_Form– This requires a signature from the pediatrician’s office and that signature must be dated within 12 months of camp.
- Important dates:
- 5/13 – Final fee is due, for a total of $385 (Cost goes up by $20 per scout after this date!)
- 5/27 – All paperwork is due
6/17 Court Of Honor (COH)
- 5/27 – Final submission of blue cards and advancement is due
- Leadership training for Scouts holding a leadership role with the troop next year, originally scheduled for June 13-14, needs to be rescheduled. New dates will be announced soon.
- 6/26-6/28 White water rafting trip. Fundraising is being defined for scout participation to support this trip. Those scouts that are able to participate in fundraising will be allocated a share of proceeds for their portion of the trip. More details to come in Troop News shortly.
Adult Involvement Opportunities
- Coordinate a trip outing for a month.
- There will be movement in current roles (Chairman, ASM, etc). Now is a perfect time to be trained.
- Please talk to Anna Dos Santos at our troop meeting to learn more.
Please contact Deb Ryan at email@example.com if you have items to communicate to the troop. Deadline to submit communications is Monday morning by 9am.