4/29 Troop Meeting 7pm – Charter School
- May rock climbing trip payment & health forms due
- Summer Camp 1st installment of camp fees is due, $195
- E-Prep and Astronomy Mtg immediately following
4/29 and 5/1 Astronomy Merit Badge
- Mr. Latshaw and Mr. Cadorette will be offering assistance in completing the Astronomy badge. The first meeting will be after the 4/29 troop meeting. If you would like to work on this badge please do the following:
- Contact Mr. Cadorette at firstname.lastname@example.org and share your contact email and cell phone number for you AND a parent.
- Please go to website: meritbadge.org and under the Boy Scout heading you will find “merit badge worksheets”. Print out the one for “Astronomy”
- Please acquire the Astronomy merit badge pamphlet from the troop librarian.
- 4/29 8pm: 1st meeting for Wednesday April 29th following the Troop 29 meeting @ the charter school. If your scout cannot make this meeting please let Mr Cadorette know.
- 5/1 8pm: We will have the first star viewing at Mr. Latshaw’s home at 19 Baron Road, Franklin. All are welcome to come view the stars, even if they are not working on the badge.
4/29 E Prep Merit Badge Meeting 8 – 9pm
- There will be an important meeting of all participants in the E-Prep badge directly following the Troop Meeting on 04/29.
- Please come prepared and review the email sent to you by Mr. Lynch on 04/19. The email details what requirements you need to accomplish prior to the meeting on 04/29.
5/15-5/16 Rock Climbing Quincy Quarries and Camp Sayre
- Cost of trip is $20 and payment due by 4/29. Quincy Quarries & Camp Sayre
- BSA health form will be required. Those that attended summer camp may already have one on file. Please confirm with Tim Cook. Health forms must be provided by 4/29. health form parts_ab-1
7/12 – 7/18 2015 Summer Camp – Squanto
Coordinator: Tim Cook – send email to email@example.com
Summer camp is a great time for scouts to earn merit badges and get to know their fellow scouts. This year, we will need additional parent volunteers.
- Location:Camp Squanto 200 Cutters Field Road, Plymouth, MA 02360 http://www.campsquanto.net/
- Contact Tim if your scout is likely to attend by emailing Tim with the following: Scout’s name, Scout’s t-shirt size, Parents’ name(s), Parents’ email address, Best phone number to use, Volunteering preference (full week, first half, second half)
- 2015_Merit_Badge_Schedule – Please do not hand this in. Mark badge selections on troop forms
- SummerCamp_Troop29_Forms_2015– There are 3 pages. Adults and scouts should sign permission slip. Please fill in badge choices and contact complete info. Please return medication/allergy form with scout’s name on it even if no medications are required and no allergies exist.
- BSA_Medical_Form– This requires a signature from the pediatrician’s office and that signature must be dated within 12 months of camp.
- Important dates:
- 5/13 – Final fee is due, for a total of $385 (Cost goes up by $20 per scout after this date!)
- 5/27 – All paperwork is due
6/17 Court Of Honor (COH)
- 5/27 – Final submission of blue cards and advancement is due
- Leadership training for Scouts holding a leadership role with the troop next year, originally scheduled for June 13-14, needs to be rescheduled. New dates will be announced soon.
- 6/26-6/28 White water rafting trip. Fundraising is being defined for scout participation to support this trip. Those scouts that are able to participate in fundraising will be allocated a share of proceeds for their portion of the trip. More details to come in Troop News shortly.
Adult Involvement Opportunities
- Coordinate a trip outing for a month.
- There will be movement in current roles (Chairman, ASM, etc). Now is a perfect time to be trained.
- Please talk to Anna Dos Santos at our troop meeting to learn more.
Please contact Deb Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have items to communicate to the troop. Deadline to submit communications is Monday morning by 9am.